Raptor relaxing.

I have 2 raptors. 3 months old on a new boat. One of the raptors keeps “relaxing” on me. Just came home from a week of vacation and one was about 1/4 deployed. Anyone know if this is something i
    can remedy myself? Nearest authorized service location is about an hour. I appreciate any insight!

2. Member
    If there are no visible signs of leakage, contact that ASC you mentioned for input. Myself, a new product like that, under warranty, I would not hesitate and I'd allow the warranty system to handle the issue.

I'd go out deep and push down for 5-10 seconds longer than it takes to go down. And the same 5-10 seconds over on the up, repeating a few times.

then I'd go to menards or Home Depot and get a "wrap it" carrying/ organization strap to wrap around the anchor so it can not be deployed while driving.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I heard of one problem where the Raptor was doing this and it was the up down piston leaking by. I would bring to an ASC.

5. Member
    If no leak you have air in the line somewhere

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Typically the cylinders do not experience "blow by". It can happen however probably the least common.
    Check the bypass valves on the pump just to make sure they are tight
    If the pole is still bleeding down over time it is probably debris in a valve causing it not to fully seat.
    At 3 months old it will not be an issue with air in the system.

Rich