Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wooden breakwater and docks

Couple screenshots from yesterday morning. I should have taken a regular photo to show what I was working along, but it's basically a wooden breakwater on wooden pilings to protect boats docked. It's in a current area. Interesting because you can see that they dug out the area in front of the breakwall and piled it inside the breakwall. From what I can tell, there were two bass sitting in the trench but with the current I was having some troubles with presentation.

I am curious from the guys that are really good with side imaging; I feel like I get slightly darker returns on my left side and I'm wondering if it would be worth trying to level the transducer a bit more. These screenshots are pretty good and it's been hard for me to tell if there really is a true difference since on dropoffs I tend to have the shallower water on the starboard side, which would make a difference. Yesterday I was by myself; seems like it is more noticeable when I have someone else with me. I think.

Feel free to provide any critiques. I'm still trying to figure out if I like my image brighter to rely on seeing fish shadows or if I like it better darker to try to get the fish returns to pop. Most of our lakes around here are clear and hard bottoms (gravel, hard muddy sand, or rock). I have a tough time telling rocks from fish but I'm starting to get a bit better.
    Attached Images Attached Images