1996 Merc 150 EFI alarm beeper question.

1996 150 EFI motor with serial number 0G406250. I have an alarm on the motor that starts sounding as soon as I bump the starter that continues and I cannot figure out what the issue is. I installed a new impellor & housing today thinking it was the problem but it did not resolve the warning alarm. So I confirmed the oil tank was full on both the motor and the tank in the boat were full and tried checking the connections for the temp sensors on each head by unplugging them with no change to the alarm. The alarm itself is a constant & steady "beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep" not a "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep." Any thoughts on what else I can check?
    Above motor with serial number 0G406250. I have an alarm on the motor that starts sounding as soon as I bump the starter that continues and I cannot figure out what the issue is. I installed a new impellor & housing today thinking it was the problem but it did not resolve the warning alarm. So I confirmed the oil tank was full on both the motor and the tank in the boat were full and tried checking the connections for the temp sensors on each head by unplugging them with no change to the alarm. The alarm itself is a constant & steady "beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep" not a "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep." Any thoughts on what else I can check? Edit: I also late in the day yesterday replaced the oil tank cap on the motor tank with no change to the alarm.
    Last edited by NDN; 06-12-2021 at 06:54 AM. Reason: To update what I've done.

2. Member
    inspected filter for water ????? possible ign system problem or warning module failure , need to verify oil gear rotation
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Got two going same issue, best to stick to one topic and keep everything together - 1996 Merc 150 EFI alarm question?
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Yes, thanks. I initially posted in wrong forum (didn't think of my motor as high performance) and posted in the correct forum and my first post was moved. Working on Mr Weeds suggestions (cleaning grounds) now and Joe54's too. This post can be deleted.