Problem with Lowrance Live 20.3

I updated my Live to 20.3 and have one problem.
    I use a sonar splitscreen window in my Live 12 with 83 & 200 kHz and I have the HST-WSBL transducer.
    The 200 kHz registers nothing, no echo or bottom.

After I updated to 20.3 I did an hardreset and I have the correct transducer selected in the "Transducer type"

Rolled back to 20.1 and now it`s working as expected.

Did you check to see if multi source is on?

3. Member
    I`m almost sure it is but tomorrow I will check it again

4. Member
    Update: I tried with multi source on but still same problem.
    Last edited by Anders Eriksson; 06-14-2021 at 04:15 AM.

5. Member
    To make sure we are understanding, do you use just the one HST-WSBL transducer to display both 83 kHz and 200 kHz at the same time on a split screen?

You mentioned you get nothing on the 200 kHz screen; is that the same if you run a single screen on 200 kHz?

Have you tried reversing your split screen and displaying 200 kHz on the opposite side to see if it works there?
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Marc,
    I have one transducer, HST-WSBL.
    With software version 20.1 on a split screen, I have 83 kHz to the left and 200 kHz to the right and it works as expected.

With 20.3 I I have a split screen with 83 kHz to the left and the 200 kHz to the right. Only the 83 kHs is working.
    If I have only one of the frequencies, 200 kHz or 83 kHz, in both window it`s working as it should.

If I only run the 200 kHz in one screen it works as expected.

Haven`t tried to reverse the split screen, will try that next time on the lake.

7. Member
    And no rev counter on the Mercury 250 SmartCraft N2k

8. Member
    This is the issue and the concerns when doing any Lowrance updates.
    The Op just installed the new update and he didn't change anything. Why should he have to go through a soft / hard reset as all he did was install the new update?
    I hear these issues many times. Myself included.
    I am fishing a tournament this weekend without testing my new update.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    This is the issue and the concerns when doing any Lowrance updates.
    The Op just installed the new update and he didn't change anything. Why should he have to go through a soft / hard reset as all he did was install the new update?
    I hear these issues many times. Myself included.
    I am fishing a tournament this weekend without testing my new update.
    First of all, I would never recommend making changes just before a tournament without going on the water and testing everything out first. The last thing you need during a tournament is to be thinking or worrying about your equipment.

These Lowrance units are essentially computers that rely on software instructions to operate correctly. Every angler operating one of these units introduces unique information or data whether from adding 3rd party mapping cards, or other accessories such as in my case iCommand digital gauges. Sometimes power gets lost or the units are not shut down properly by the operator. Waypoints and trails get deleted, added, files get deleted or transferred, etc. These and many more actions we take can affect how these units behave.

Now add a software change to the mix, and more goofy stuff can happen. And what happens to one person's unit will likely be different for someone else because their variables are different.

A hard reset basically returns the unit to factory settings. This cleans up broken data chains and other bugs that get introduced into the settings. Think of it as a tune up for your Lowrance, and returning it to like new condition again. I don't know of any other way fix problems that were introduced into the Lowrance unit after it left the factory.

Because a hard reset returns the unit back to factory condition, some of the user settings have to be returned to the user's settings after the reset. Once you learn to operate these units, the touch screen makes changing settings quick and easy. If you are fishing tournaments, this is a skill that is just as important as learning to skip a lure under a dock, and is a lot simpler.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
    Marc,
    I have one transducer, HST-WSBL.
    With software version 20.1 on a split screen, I have 83 kHz to the left and 200 kHz to the right and it works as expected.

With 20.3 I I have a split screen with 83 kHz to the left and the 200 kHz to the right. Only the 83 kHs is working.
    If I have only one of the frequencies, 200 kHz or 83 kHz, in both window it`s working as it should.

If I only run the 200 kHz in one screen it works as expected.

Haven`t tried to reverse the split screen, will try that next time on the lake.
    Hope reversing the panels works for you. You may have found a bug in the software, which I will check out when I get back on the lake tomorrow. I haven't used a split panel on two different frequencies from a single transducer for a long time.
    ciao,
    Marc

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    First of all, I would never recommend making changes just before a tournament without going on the water and testing everything out first. The last thing you need during a tournament is to be thinking or worrying about your equipment.

These Lowrance units are essentially computers that rely on software instructions to operate correctly. Every angler operating one of these units introduces unique information or data whether from adding 3rd party mapping cards, or other accessories such as in my case iCommand digital gauges. Sometimes power gets lost or the units are not shut down properly by the operator. Waypoints and trails get deleted, added, files get deleted or transferred, etc. These and many more actions we take can affect how these units behave.

Now add a software change to the mix, and more goofy stuff can happen. And what happens to one person's unit will likely be different for someone else because their variables are different.

A hard reset basically returns the unit to factory settings. This cleans up broken data chains and other bugs that get introduced into the settings. Think of it as a tune up for your Lowrance, and returning it to like new condition again. I don't know of any other way fix problems that were introduced into the Lowrance unit after it left the factory.

Because a hard reset returns the unit back to factory condition, some of the user settings have to be returned to the user's settings after the reset. Once you learn to operate these units, the touch screen makes changing settings quick and easy. If you are fishing tournaments, this is a skill that is just as important as learning to skip a lure under a dock, and is a lot simpler.
    Thanks Marc. I tried to get out fishing before the tournament, but work always seems to get in the way. Are you recommending a hard reset after every update whether there are issues or not?
    Thanks

12. Member
    The book answer is yes, always do a hard reset after an update to be safe. In reality, I don't always do the reset until I encounter a bug. In my case having worked with these units so much I always remember when something doesn't work as expected I know to reset.

When my smart phone acts dumb, I reboot it. When my computer screws up, I reboot. When my HDS messes up, I reboot with a hard reset.

Good luck in the tournament! Where is it? I grew up in Delaware, and Harford County, Md.
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    The book answer is yes, always do a hard reset after an update to be safe. In reality, I don't always do the reset until I encounter a bug. In my case having worked with these units so much I always remember when something doesn't work as expected I know to reset.

When my smart phone acts dumb, I reboot it. When my computer screws up, I reboot. When my HDS messes up, I reboot with a hard reset.

Good luck in the tournament! Where is it? I grew up in Delaware, and Harford County, Md.
    Just a small club tournament on the Potomac.
    Thanks again

14. Member
    Hi Marc,
    Have you tried it on the lake?