Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyJ View Post
    I think its fugly. Maybe looks better in person. But looking at the pictures I like the other models better.
    It don’t look better in person. I saw the red one on grand lake last month. The console, graphics and overall shape of the boat was flat awful lookin. I’ve been a faithful triton owner since 2000. But if that’s what triton has in store for the future I don’t think I’ll be going there. I hope they at least keep today’s design around.

2. Banned
    Every brand will go to a wide console because everyone wants TV on their boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    It don’t look better in person. I saw the red one on grand lake last month. The console, graphics and overall shape of the boat was flat awful lookin. I’ve been a faithful triton owner since 2000. But if that’s what triton has in store for the future I don’t think I’ll be going there. I hope they at least keep today’s design around.
    You are right. In person it is just as ugly as it was last year when they didn't release it. It can not be priced low enough to sell over a handful. You would think they learned their lesson with the Ranger they put the walleye hull under.

4. Member
    Overall I like this boat a lot!.
    2 things that jump out for me as a "dislike" (to be fair I would have to see it in person) the access to the bilge, maybe i would like or not like the gull wing doors and the other is the extended seat bases at the floor level. I can see myself kicking or tripping on those all the time.

5. Banned
    This boat has some looks of a jag to me.

6. Member
    Looks pretty good to me. I like the new consoles that hold twin 12” graphs. Looks more like an offshore console now from the drivers seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    Looks more like an offshore console now from the drivers seat.
    Thought the same. I think guys will like it after the requisite “getting used to the look” time.

I like the boat. What happened to the bbc Triton is dead prediction? I always said it made no sense for one of the best sellers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Looks awesome to me but I'm not a grouchy 65 year old that hates change.
    EXACTLY...next thing the geeze-bags will be whining about is that it doesn't come in a gold and beige metal flake color scheme...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    What happened to the bbc Triton is dead prediction?
    I’m sure the Karen’s on here are disappointed that Triton came out with a new boat!

10. Member
    It's all subjective on who thinks its ugly or not. In the end the sales numbers will be the defining vote on whether it's ugly or not. I'm betting the sales numbers will not be good.

Thing looks like a helm console on the bridge from the Original Star Trek series!

Update: I watched the video walk through on the other thread and I think the console looks better on the video than in that still picture. Might be okay once you get use to it and it grows on you, maybe.
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 06-13-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    It's all subjective on who thinks its ugly or not. In the end the sales numbers will be the defining vote on whether it's ugly or not. I'm betting the sales numbers will not be good.
    History says different. Triton has been a top seller for many years. We’re you in the Triton is dead camp too?

12. Member
    History says different. Triton has been a top seller for many years. We’re you in the Triton is dead camp too?
    Nothing you wrote has anything to do with what I said? I'm speaking of this specific model and not Triton in general. I have a Triton and could care less if they stay around or not. Makes no difference to me since I'm not brand loyal. I buy what I like when I'm in the market for buying something.

Obviously the thread is about the new model. Didn’t think that had to be made apparent this far into the thread. I think the new model will be a seller for them. More clear?

14. Member
    Obviously the thread is about the new model. Didn’t think that had to be made apparent this far into the thread. I think the new model will be a seller for them. More clear?
    Well we disagree okay and as I stated the sales numbers will be the deciding factor on whether most people feel it is ugly or not.

15. Banned
    I don't think it's ugly, but I don't like it either.

The overall design looks dated. Just, not right. Like, it looks like an aluminum boat made out of fiberglass.

Not for me. Wouldn't mind a ride in one though, just to see how it is.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Looks awesome to me but I'm not a grouchy 65 year old that hates change.
    I'm 67 and really like everything about it. Nice job WRM !

Glad to see Triton got rid of those pointy rear corner thingees and rounded the back. Only minus from me (as a DIY'er and chronic bilge diver) is the engine compartment split lids being hinged on the outside.I'm sure they are easy to open from inside the boat but not so from on the ground. Much prefer a rear hatch lid that is hinged in the rear so the lid opens back allowing full access to the bilge from inside the boat.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I don't think it's ugly, but I don't like it either.

The overall design looks dated. Just, not right. Like, it looks like an aluminum boat made out of fiberglass.

Not for me. Wouldn't mind a ride in one though, just to see how it is.
    I think you captured what it really looks like - it does resemble a bigwater aluminum boat like a Lund or something like that. I was expecting Triton to introduce some "go-fast" boats like their older models. I'm not sure what this model has to separate it from a big Nitro or big Ranger.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSBUZZ View Post
    Console looks retro to me. Maybe 80s
    That is a factual statement I’m trying to forgets the 80’s thought 60’s Retro was bad but at least the 60’s music wasn’t Disco

19. Banned
    If also might be a good idea to wait and see if it performs. Everyone always talks about looks these days.

Wait I thought I have read on here multiple times that Triton was going away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast