Ranger 520C 2021 or vexus vx 20

Talking with dealer about both new boats with pro xs 4 stroke, vexus is about 8 grand more. anybody have any input on pros and cons of either boat. need some input on deciding which way to go. Ranger is in stock and vexus is around 6 weeks out. I have never been in a vexus.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I looked very hard at a VX20. I don't like the front deck layout on it, just has three big compartments, the Ranger "520 series" has that extra compartment on the starboard side. I'm sure the air ride seats are nice, but I don't like all the space/gaps around and under them. Plus I'm not a big fan of the big badging/logo on the side of the boats along with the hand rails on the gunnels. I do like the layout of the VX21, but it won't fit in my garage. I'm going to order a 2022 Z520R soon.

You might also post in the Vexus forum for more input. Good luck

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    I agree about the badging on the side, general looks are different, just thinking about pricing difference between 2021 520c and 2022 rangerR

4. Member
    I like the crew that designs/builds Vexus but I don't like the boats. Opinion only of course but I'm really partial to the Ranger appearance both on and off the water plus the fish ability. I will admit, I've never fished from a Vexus.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Looked at Vexus today at classic for the first time. It is a battleship. But I did not like much about it.
    On the water it might be great but I thought it was an ugly boat.
    Thanks

6. Member
    Surprises me how many people don’t like the looks of the Vexus, everyone I’ve seen on the water I think they’re sharp. I could do without the badging on the side but I like what they’re doing. Good people too. Go look at both and find a test ride.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    Looked at Vexus today at classic for the first time. It is a battleship. But I did not like much about it.
    On the water it might be great but I thought it was an ugly boat.
    I was at the Ranger booth today wanting to get a look at the R boat, but I was there a couple hours before they took the cover off for the official announcement. So….I looked at the 521L next to the Covered R boat and saw the price tag at over 98 grand. I stopped looking at bass boats. What does the Vexus cost, 110 grand?
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I was at the Ranger booth today wanting to get a look at the R boat, but I was there a couple hours before they took the cover off for the official announcement. So….I looked at the 521L next to the Covered R boat and saw the price tag at over 98 grand. I stopped looking at bass boats. What does the Vexus cost, 110 grand?
    About the same as the loaded 521.
    Thanks

There is no comparison. The Vex is the goofiest contraption I've seen since the Pontiac Aztec
    Last edited by bloodman; 06-13-2021 at 02:35 PM.

10. Member
    They are both great boats. I have had 5 Rangers my last one being a 521L and have always been very loyal but that L boat kind of pushed me over the edge. Too many warranty issues, not a big fan of all the plastic and for some reason everything kept getting loose and many stripped screws. Ride was good, typical Ranger and fished awesome. I recently bought a VX21 and first and foremost it it built WAY better then the Ranger. Everything is solid, from the battery compartment, console, to the seats. As far as ride goes the Vexus is hands down a big water monster, very stable and cuts through chop and waves like butter. I have a 300 mercury on mine and the best I have seen is 70 but I think I may be get a little more but it does start to chine. The weird thing about this boat is it doesn’t feel like it has a lot of lift,it rides very flat to me. The look you get use to, at first I was skeptical but now I’ve grown to really like it. The Ranger is a nicer looking boat though. You have a tough choice to make, they are both great boats but you really need to drive and fish out of then to decide. One thing is for sure, I would never get the L model. I hope this helps and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Surprises me how many people don’t like the looks of the Vexus, everyone I’ve seen on the water I think they’re sharp. I could do without the badging on the side but I like what they’re doing. Good people too. Go look at both and find a test ride.
    Like a lot of rigs…they look better in the water than on the trailer.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    There is no comparison. The Vex is the goofiest contraption I've seen since the Pontiac Aztec
    Hyperbole

B4B7A6FA-BE79-4F36-90F8-13C6971A2D11.jpeg

13. Member
    I recently talked to a buddy who has been ranger boat his whole life. Probably owned around 10-15 Rangers. He recently switched to Vexus and said he'd never get back in a ranger. The ride for him, with the boat cutting waves and the air ride seats, was enough for him. I'd suggest an on the water ride in both if you can get that set up somewhere. My buddy has a VX20.
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin56 View Post
    I recently talked to a buddy who has been ranger boat his whole life. Probably owned around 10-15 Rangers. He recently switched to Vexus and said he'd never get back in a ranger. The ride for him, with the boat cutting waves and the air ride seats, was enough for him. I'd suggest an on the water ride in both if you can get that set up somewhere. My buddy has a VX20.
    Did he ever have an Aztec or Yugo

I have a Ranger 520C and rode in a Vexus VX20 at the classic this weekend. Comparing my 520C to the VX 20 is not even close. That VX20 is hands down better on all levels. My next boat will be a Vexus VX20.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by basstx View Post
    I have a Ranger 520C and rode in a Vexus VX20 at the classic this weekend. Comparing my 520C to the VX 20 is not even close. That VX20 is hands down better on all levels. My next boat will be a Vexus VX20.
    No one gives a crap. Keep your air pump readily available cause your gonna need it..

Quote Originally Posted by basstx View Post
    Interesting…I’d love to get a ride in one, they look pretty good going down the lake.