hank cherry switch?

Wasnt cherry running lynx before anyone hear why he switched?

He ran a Lynx last year and pretty sure he is in a Cougar this year.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

They all flip around and then get to try all the models. Hank was after a few more MPH and who knows next year. The Eyra guys are the ones who don’t usually bounce around. Some have gone Puma in the past if they intended to fish event with storage. And most usually the choice of a Puma FTD was the separated storages.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They all flip around and then get to try all the models. Hank was after a few more MPH and who knows next year. The Eyra guys are the ones who don’t usually bounce around. Some have gone Puma in the past if they intended to fish event with storage. And most usually the choice of a Puma FTD was the separated storages.
    I love my Eyra, but nothing beats the storage in the Puma.

5. Moderator
    How come they don't ever run a caracal? Just seems like such an ideal, all around good boat.....And from what I've read, it will run with most boats with 250's. Except other cats. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    How come they don't ever run a caracal? Just seems like such an ideal, all around good boat.....And from what I've read, it will run with most boats with 250's. Except other cats. lol
    Simply it is just about a 225 vs 250.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    I love my Eyra, but nothing beats the storage in the Puma.
    I agree, I'm surprised it's being shelved. Interested to to the "project stealth" release in July
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    The Caracal storage is crazy for a 19’8. When I sold my 920 Phoenix I thought no way will this all fit in my Caracal boy was I wrong I have 1 completely empty box up front and starboard rod box has nothing but my life jacket and unit covers. Not much in the under seat storage. The back boxes one behind my driver seat maybe 1/4 full. I was shocked at how much stuff the boat can hold.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Simply it is just about a 225 vs 250.
    no bass cat won’t let them run one I bet do you profitably.

We would allow them to use the Caracal, though they prefer the 250 engines for improved performance and they would run 300 engines if they could.

11. Member
    I always wondered why the Puma is more preferred than the cougar. To me, the cougar would have more sq ft of storage since the mid section of the deck is longer than the puma.

That's why I went with the Cougar. To me it has more storage & a little more deck space
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    The Caracal storage is crazy for a 19’8. When I sold my 920 Phoenix I thought no way will this all fit in my Caracal boy was I wrong I have 1 completely empty box up front and starboard rod box has nothing but my life jacket and unit covers. Not much in the under seat storage. The back boxes one behind my driver seat maybe 1/4 full. I was shocked at how much stuff the boat can hold.
    The Caracal layout is phenomenal but you’re right the volume of storage is crazy. I sold my Caracal and have a Jaguar coming, my bet is that all of the stuff that came out of the Caracal will barely fit in the Jag

14. Member
    Around here we see 5 Cougars for every Puma. If I understand math, the Cougar and Puma with the same gas tank configuration would have almost the exact same storage. I personally prefer the Cougar layout but could see some folks liking the Puma.

15. Member
    What is the electronic mount that Hank has on bow of boat. Looked liked it covered a lot of the recessed area where electronics are mounted usually.

Bassboat Technology plate, they said it weighs 30 pounds.

17. Member
    I love the storage and layout of my Puma. The step up to the front deck being larger is easier to navigate and some of my fishing partners are older. It also has a bigger cooler under the step too which I like better than the Cougar. Other than that they are very similar. Who knows maybe one day I’ll get an Eyra but I am pleased with how the Puma performs and handles in rough water.