Mega 360 mounting.

My boat is set up with a single hummingbird helix 10 si with a terrova motor. I'm trying to figure out the best or most practical place to mount the 360, the cornfield crappie mount would work but looks like it's going to be really hard on the cable when using spot lock. I have a geiger tech mount I can use, trying to decide if I want it mounted in the front on the side or at the rear of the boat, somewhat worried about the pounding it would take in the bow. Those of you that have had it and used it for a while it would be nice to hear your opinion and where you think it would work out best and why or if there was something you really hated. Thanks

2. Member
    Here's a couple of pics of what I did...admittedly not pretty, but it's functional. The rope you see attached to the base of the pvc is to steady the head as I retract it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

3. Member
    That's somewhat what I was looking at. Doing it off to the side instead of in the bow.

4. Member
    Here is what I did with my V-bottom lund, terrova trolling motor, and universal mount. This puts 360 transducer in front of trolling motor when deployed so I don't have any artifact on 360 from trolling motor.IMG_0238.jpg

So I decided to go with Livescope instead of a 360 but did a lot of shopping around for 360 mounts that would work on a Terrova. The cornfield crappie one looks nice, but then I saw the podunk daducer mount which is stand alone and mounts next to or opposite your trolling motor. That gave me the idea to just use an old OMC trolling motor mounting arm (I have several) for a stand alone mount that will stow and deploy just like a trolling motor. They are light, plenty sturdy, and cheaper than the new mounts. If I ever get a M360, that’s what I am going to try.
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP