2003 Ranger 619 with blown motor

I have a 2003 619 DVS with a 2003 Evinrude 200HP that just blew. No compression in the #3 cylinder. I'm not really interested in sticking a bunch of money into this motor so I'm weighing my options from here. If I could find a solid used motor to repower with, I think I would prefer to do that. I'm just not sure about my options of finding a motor, seems like the only place I can find anything are on very questionable websites....Anyone know of reputable places to look for used motors?

My other option is to try to sell it as is, thoughts on that? Is there a market out there for boats in pretty good shape with blown motors? I assume there is but am guessing I will take a huge loss even on just the value of the boat.

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone with more experience than me has some advice on how to proceed. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Try checking your local dealers. If the motor is a Ficht then trash it! I repowered last year from an Evinrude Ficht with a possible blown cylinder (never bothered to check, just repowered) and I sold it on OfferUp for $350. I don't know if I would sell the boat with a blown motor, nobody will pay close to what the boat is actually worth.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200