Trollbridge usable on Etecs?

A115GHL

Is the Trollbridge usable with this engine? 133 amp output but 50 net dedicated ?

https://yandina.com/troll12X24info.htm

They no longer sell the higher rated amperage one

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Can't see why it wouldn't work.

3. Member
    I was concerned about the 133 amps since the Trollbridge is rated at 100 amps.
    I’m guessing the dedicated is the amperage that charges the batteries?

4. Member
    There are several threads at this site https://www.etecownersgroup.com/categories that discuss this. Do a search there.
    Be aware that as ChampionMan stated it should work but the charging output of the engine is never applied long enough to truly recharge the trolling motor batteries. It is barely suppplemental at best when considering the consumption rate of a trolling motor.
    Consider the drive time from hole to hole. 2, 3, 4, 5 minutes, or what ever that drive time is for your fishing type, the engine does not run long enough to put sufficient charge to the batteries.
    I am not saying the Trollbridge is bad or not worth the cost, just don’t get your expectations too high. IMO nothing beats a proper charge in good quality, well functioning, deep cycle batteries

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    There are several threads at this site https://www.etecownersgroup.com/categories that discuss this. Do a search there.
    Be aware that as ChampionMan stated it should work but the charging output of the engine is never applied long enough to truly recharge the trolling motor batteries. It is barely suppplemental at best when considering the consumption rate of a trolling motor.
    Consider the drive time from hole to hole. 2, 3, 4, 5 minutes, or what ever that drive time is for your fishing type, the engine does not run long enough to put sufficient charge to the batteries.
    I am not saying the Trollbridge is bad or not worth the cost, just don’t get your expectations too high. IMO nothing beats a proper charge in good quality, well functioning, deep cycle batteries
    Okay
    Thanks for the input. My main reason for considering it is my main battery gets low after long fishing cycles without starting the motor. Hoping to put electronics on the trolling battery. Looks like a better option is an electronics dedicated battery.
    Thanks again

6. Member
    Wise direction

Or just get the X2 from Batteries plus bulbs for a beast of a starting battery.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Or just get the X2 from Batteries plus bulbs for a beast of a starting battery.
    That’s the battery I have. I fish small lakes and most runs are under 5 minutes. It’s just not enough to charge like mentioned above.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    I was concerned about the 133 amps since the Trollbridge is rated at 100 amps.
    I’m guessing the dedicated is the amperage that charges the batteries?
    The maximum current available from the battery cables is 50 amps. Well within the capability of the Trollbridge.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Okay
    Thanks for the input. My main reason for considering it is my main battery gets low after long fishing cycles without starting the motor. Hoping to put electronics on the trolling battery. Looks like a better option is an electronics dedicated battery.
    Thanks again
    And with the option of a separate battery dedicated to the electronics is the option to use the Evinrude isolator lead to charge the dedicated battery. Or a Yandina Combiner.

Completely isolates the starting battery so that the starting battery is fully charged and available to start the motor.

Get the motor started and lead/combiner will recharge both the starting battery and the electronics battery. Provided the motor runs long enough.