Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mikesxpress

Hankook Vantra trailer tires. *New.

Don't know anything about these performance wise but the specifications look pretty good.

https://m.hankooktire.com/us/tire/sp...iler/st01.html

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Those do look good. I had excellent service from Hankook tires on my last truck.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Don't know anything about their trailer tires but I've had their automobile tires before and had good luck with them.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

4. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Where are they made?

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Where are they made?
    Likely ROK where they are based.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. mikesxpress
    They have manufacturing all over the world which includes two facilities in TN. As a major USA vehicle OEM supplier one would think the TN plants would be filling those requirements. Don't know about the trailer tires.

Looks well built.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Where are they made?
    CHINA... No thanks
    Hankook Vantra Trailer | ST205/75R14 (tirerack.com)

Hankook Vantra Trailer | ST215/75R14 (tirerack.com)

Click "Specs" after clicking links...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

No more China made tires for me. I wishWe could buy everything not associated with China

Goodyear Endurance, Not that much difference in price.

11. mikesxpress
    Per email contact with Hankook, these trailer tires are made at most of there factories. To determine an exact factory location they would need the DOT code off the tire.

China owns/provides allot of things in the USA. Most folks have no idea... How about some of that Smithfield bacon.

12. Banned
    Goodyear Endurance.................MADE IN THE USA!!!

I won't buy another CHINA-pop no matter where they are made. I've been running Endurance since they came out and haven't had an issue with them. Could I have a blow out or a flat, sure, I just support American made as much as I can. It's a free country, so far, run what you want to.

14. Member
    American made or not... After what Goodyear Marathons have done to me and hunrdreds/thousands of other people towing trailers, I will never touch another Goodyear trailer tire again. Those Hankook's look like a decent option. I have run Maxxis 8008s for a decade and have never had a failure. knock on wood.

Were your marathons made in China. I have ran Marathons on my rangers for years and never a problem. The "newer" marathons that were made in Chana were just what they were.....China Pops. There isn't a tire made, however, that can't have a blowout. Some are just more prone to them than others. That's like saying my tires won't slide in the rain, yeah right!. I just find it hard to finance communist China so I only buy when from there when I have to. Try my best to buy American made.

16. Member
    Any tire made in China is junk... they all get belt separation well before their lifespan is up... you buy one and you get what you deserve

17. Member
    China owns/provides allot of things in the USA. Most folks have no idea... How about some of that Smithfield bacon.
    Jimmy Dean Bacon Only way to GO

Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    American made or not... After what Goodyear Marathons have done to me and hunrdreds/thousands of other people towing trailers, I will never touch another Goodyear trailer tire again. Those Hankook's look like a decent option. I have run Maxxis 8008s for a decade and have never had a failure. knock on wood.
    I totally agree with your comments regarding the Goodyear Marathons. Those tires were/are junk !!!! After multiple blowouts, knots on the side walls, slipped belts and damage to trailer fenders, I moved away from trailer tires all together. I switched over to radial car tires and have not had a problem since. There is no reason to run trailer tires on a boat trailer, especially tandem axle trailers like mine. The car radials will handle the loads just fine, wear better and do not have the issues seen with the trailer tires. Trailer tires are junk are will pose problems regardless of brand.

19. Member
    As 21XDC said, zoom in to the Tire Rack link he posted, Made in China on the side wall. Nope!

20. Member
    Maxxis is a good trailer tire, used them a few times, the Hankooks on my wife's 2020 CR-V lasted only 24,500 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast