Question 2006 power head on a 2000 lower?

Good Morning lady’s and gents! Long time lurker and sponge for information. I have a 2000 year model Evinrude 200hp Ficht Ram Injection motor with a blown motor. I know, wow that can’t be lol. The auto oiler quit and smoked some of the pistons. My question is will a 2006 model 200hp Evinrude Ficht power head bolt right up and use the same electronics as the 2000? I’ve searched and can’t really find any definitive answers to this? I’ve gotten a lot of great info from you guys on here and value the opinion of this community on here. I’ve got a bead on a really cheap 2006 complete motor but the the shaft is not the right length 🤷*♂️ Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

🤷*♂️ Can an admin delete this post as I’ve double posted 😐
    Last edited by Okie Angler; 06-14-2021 at 05:36 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Angler View Post
    Good Morning lady’s and gents! Long time lurker and sponge for information. I have a 2000 year model Evinrude 200hp Ficht Ram Injection motor with a blown motor. I know, wow that can’t be lol. The auto oiler quit and smoked some of the pistons. My question is will a 2006 model 200hp Evinrude Ficht power head bolt right up and use the same electronics as the 2000? I’ve searched and can’t really find any definitive answers to this? I’ve gotten a lot of great info from you guys on here and value the opinion of this community on here. I’ve got a bead on a really cheap 2006 complete motor but the the shaft is not the right length 🤷*♂️ Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.
    Post on Evinrude section with motor model and serial number. Tag is on midsection. A lot of guys there that know older motors very well.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Post on Evinrude section with motor model and serial number. Tag is on midsection. A lot of guys there that know older motors very well.

Know the new ones pretty good too!

BTW no FICHT in 2006.

You will also need to use the power head adapter plate from the newer power head along with a new gasket.
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 06-11-2021 at 02:21 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Know the new ones pretty good too!

BTW no FICHT in 2006.

You will also need to use the power head adapter plate from the newer power head along with a new gasket.
    Yes you do😉

5. Member
    Sorry fellas, I didn’t realize that my first post did actually “post” the reason for the 2nd one ��*♂️

6. Member
    Hey ChampioNman wasn’t the last year of the FICHT in 2006? Everything I looked up says the last year Evinrude manufactured FICHT’s was 06’