Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ike12 View Post
    Its amazing that some have no issues and others its just junk.. I will try turning off my downscan
    After reading many ofl Ike12's previous posts, it seems he has problems with EVERYTHING. Really think the real problem is user error. Electronics does have a pretty steep learning curve and some people just don't have the patients to work with it.

2. Member
    We were frustrated at first but time on the water and realistic expectations are important. The top notch professionals almost make it look too easy which proves how good they are adapting to changing conditions and technology in their sport.

Let's face it with the patents that Garmin has they were not going to play nice with Lowrance and HB. It's basically the same technology wrapped in their own enclosure. Time on the water will put fish in the boat, even as novice users we've seen it work and work well. Suggestion is to watch YT videos and lots of research. The default settings worked well.

3. Member
    I have to say he's not the only one that's disappointed. I had one of the bad early models and on my third black box and second transducer. Absolutely does not compare to my buddies Garmin 126 Ultra livescope. I would trade it in a heartbeat. Nothing but problems and a crappy image. I ran a dedicated 100Ah Lithium and sea clear harness just for the Active target. Very disappointed in mine. I will say that Lowrance support has been easy to work with on getting me new units, I'm just tired of jacking with it and trouble shooting all the time. Want it to at least be comparable to the Garmin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12