Livescope Transducer mounting location - port or Starboard

First, I have to complement Garmin customer support. I was on the telephone with a CSR for about 60 minutes while I was on the water. My livescope went haywire and was almost reading vertical. He diagnosed the problem to a faulty compass sensor in the transducer and I’m now in the exchange program. My new transducer is on the way.

My old transducer is mounted on the starboard side on the trolling motor. This weekend, I taking off my old transducer and will be returning it to Garmin.

Based on my reading in some of the threads, I find that some are saying to mount the transducer on the port side because the port mounting will give you better images with the new update. Any thoughts on port or starboard mounting location?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I dont read a whole lot but havent seen that it makes a difference on which side you mount it on.....can you easily switch your troller to rest on port side??

Maybe someone else has experience with swapping it....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I have an ultrex trolling motor, so I can mount the new transducer on either side. I was wonder if anyone has seen a difference in image quality between port or starboard mounting.

I have not tested it but I read someone has noticed a difference. It's easy to test, you don't even need to use any tools. Just go to down view mode then one more click. It will be in forward mode but pointing backwards. So spin the tm all the way around.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member

6. Member
    Thanks for your responses. I’ll test out spinning the trolling motor and changing the transducer setting. When I get my new transducer, I probably mount it on the port side.