Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Playing devil's advocate.... Is this a just want my team in the playoffs so increase the slots? If your team wants in the playoffs they should play better. There are going to be players destined for the NFL and millions of dollars that will have to go home and miss that opportunity because they sustained a career ending injury in one of these extra games. Unlike other sports, football is hard for a player to make it thru a 11 game season without a serious injury. Let alone those who play post season games.

Now in the real world, what you are wanting is going to happen, but not because any fan wants it. It is going to happen for the dollars to be made by those not risking any personal injuries.

This is a joke right.

UCF - undefeated 2017 & 2018, beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl couldn’t get close to the playoff.

Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina last year not close.

has nothing to do with make it bigger so my team gets in.

it actually makes it a playoff and not an ESPN invitational.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    You win a power 5 conference you’re in plus 7 at large. Simple. Those that say the bottom 3-4 can’t compete haven’t spent much time around 18-21 year olds.
    ^^+1
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    I don't see the point in going to 12 since you are going to have 3-4 SEC teams in there that have played each other already. I am not against the SEC it's I don't want to see a couple of rematches and there could be a couple of them through the progression. Also I am against automatic bids since a PAC12 team hasn't been in contention for years.

Also I think there is a clear drop-off (and it depends on the year) at the number 3 or 4 spot. You could theoretically have four real undefeated contenders - what if Alabama, Clemson, OSU and OU all are undefeated on Dec 1st? There has been only two teams at the number 4 spot in the national title game and most of the time the games are very lopsided. Adding a team ranked 10th or 11th doesn't make sense.

I think they should expand to six and give the top 2 a bye week. The other four play the weekend before Christmas. If you add more games you run the significant risk of more injuries and I can see coaches having to do playing time management during the season.

It's all about the money and the NCAA could do a better job of distributing it. I say lower the payment of the qualifying teams and spread it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    This is a joke right.

UCF - undefeated 2017 & 2018, beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl couldn’t get close to the playoff.

Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina last year not close.

has nothing to do with make it bigger so my team gets in.

it actually makes it a playoff and not an ESPN invitational.
    So, To answer him, Yes its because my team didn't get in.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    No it’s because I’m tired Alabama Clemson an Ohio State in the playoffs every year.

I believe every conference champion should make the playoffs and have an opportunity to play for a true national championship. Not this Mickey Mouse made up BS.

Also the person I quoted said play better, but you can’t play much better than winning 25 games in a row and beating the team that beat the two teams that played in the mythical national championship game.

Don’t know why you’re afraid of a little competition in your party.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

No it’s because I’m tired Alabama Clemson an Ohio State in the playoffs every year.

I believe every conference champion should make the playoffs and have an opportunity to play for a true national championship. Not this Mickey Mouse made up BS.

Also the person I quoted said play better, but you can’t play much better than winning 25 games in a row and beating the team that beat the two teams that played in the mythical national championship game.

Don’t know why you’re afraid of a little competition in your party.
    I kinda wish they would have let UCF in back in 2017 because the fans are insufferable about it lol.

Doesn't UCF play a soft schedule?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

I kinda wish they would have let UCF in back in 2017 because the fans are insufferable about it lol.

Doesn't UCF play a soft schedule?
    LOL, we play every game on our schedule......

I know you’re just busting my chops but I’ll go ahead and answer.

In 2017 UCF ended the season with more Top 25 wins in the final poll than Alabama.

We got wins against Alabama Auburn and Georgia the last time we played each team.

Throttled Georgia Tech and Stanford over the last two years.

Heck, Pitt stormed the field after beating us in OT. Of course we beat them by 45 the previous year.

Everyone says play someone, but no one wants to play us.

Can’t play games that aren’t offered. We’ve got openings 2023 and beyond.

Last edited by Bill2e; 06-10-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    I think 12 is fantastic. I’ll be happy with any expansion from the current 4 team system though.

Automatically placing all conference champions in is a joke. There is frequently a second place team in one conference that is far better than some other conference champion. Selection committee has always said it is selecting the best teams, not nodding automatically to conference champions in a weak conference. Every team has a chance to build the best team they can. Some cannot recruit the best players for a variety of reasons. They should not be handed a handicap entry just because of that.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 06-10-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Precisely.

Fans want it expanded because their team did not get in. Marketers want it expanded to make more money making events per year. Players have to play x more games and risk injury x more times for no benefit to them.

Automatically placing all conference champions in is a joke. There is frequently a second place team in one conference that is far better than some other conference champion. Selection committee has always said it is selecting the best teams, not nodding automatically to conference champions in a weak conference. Every team has a chance to build the best team they can. Some cannot recruit the best players for a variety of reasons. They should not be handed a handicap entry just because of that.

So why even play the game at all.

Lets just put Alabama and Ohio State in the championship game and save everyone the time.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Precisely.

Fans want it expanded because their team did not get in. Marketers want it expanded to make more money making events per year. Players have to play x more games and risk injury x more times for no benefit to them.

Fans want it expanded so there is A clear-cut winner on the field rather than one made up by a bunch of suits.

Every school should have an opportunity to play their way in anything else is not a play off
    Last edited by Bill2e; 06-10-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Member
    I am for it 8 or 12 teams, I just think it’s over due.

14. Member
    The more the better. Go to 32 even better.

15. Member
    Really difficult to have a meaningful playoff when so many of the so called "high draft choices" opt out of the bowl games. I personally don't think much of the "look at me crowd" that thumbs their nose at the school that brought them to the dance.

16. Member
    This is why the college football current playoff, and previous ones are freakin jokes. It’s THE ONLY place you can win a conference championship and the season end. There is no other playoff system, that I’m aware of, that doesn’t let conference champs, conference tournament champs or both compete for a championship. All the power 5 conference champs should be in period, I don’t think conferences like the OVC should be auto-ins, but they should defiantly be considered for an at large. Also, unless it goes to an enormous number of teams, the “other conferences” need to play up to be considered.... the power 5 need to drop the gimme games. I’ll say it again for those that think it’ll be a walk in the park for the football blue bloods, we’re talking abt 18-21 year olds.

Why not, it might settle some, SOME, opinions!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Latest rumors

Top 6 conference champs in
    Top 6 ranked teams not already in go in.

top 4 conference champs get buy.
    remaining 8 seeded and play at the home field of higher seed.

I like it
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

19. Member
    Love it. Be great seeing a smaller school or two in there each year plus some power schools who didn't win their conference championship but could still win it all.

20. Member
    They can scrap the bowls and do real playoffs. I think some teams will surprise us from time to time and knock some teams off, especially teams that play cupcake schedules like Ohio st and Clemson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast