Could Garmin duplicate LiveView's viewing angle with the LVS-12?

Curious if Garmin could reduce simply the cpu stress on the LVS-12 (via reducing the sharpness and detail via a software update) and thus allow expanding the viewing angle to get closer to HB's LiveView?

From what I've seen of the LiveView videos, all HB did was reduce/water down the return quality enough to display a larger 150 degree viewing angle...thinking maybe Garmin could do something similar with the LVS-12?

Anybody know how much cpu processing power the HB gen3+ have over the Garmin Ultra units? is it similar or more/less?
    2013 Skeeter MX1825 with Yammy F150 & Garmin Ultra 106sv & LVS34 Livescope

"My hotfoot pedal goes to 11"

2. Member
    Why would that be a good thing?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Why would that be a good thing?
    I'm just thinking that's all HB did for their LiveView and Garmin could easily duplicate it with their $500 transducer and a software update if they wanted to but they chose to go the higher detail route with the smaller viewing angle...

It seems the main selling point of the HB LiveView is the removal of the black box, but really all they did was water down the image enough for the head unit CPU to run it...
    2013 Skeeter MX1825 with Yammy F150 & Garmin Ultra 106sv & LVS34 Livescope

"My hotfoot pedal goes to 11"

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think HB did like the original Panoptix where they put the "main brains" in the transducer and rest in the unit.....again, just a guess...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I think HB did like the original Panoptix where they put the "main brains" in the transducer and rest in the unit.....again, just a guess...
    That's what it looks like.

6. Member
    I don't think you could expand the range of the LVS-12 very much because it is limited by the number of elements. You would probably need an additional element to get a wider scan (going from 60 to 150 is a factor of 2.5x). I am not sure if the LVS-12 is one or two elements but I don't think you can't go from 60 to 150 with the element or elements they have in place. You could probably get there with less than 2.5x more elements (of course .5 elements does not make sense) with reduced clarity but I think you would at least need one more element. LVS-18?