Banned

Question about using a splitter for 2 transducers?? Probably a dumb question

I have a splitter a buddy gave me. And I want to glass in a 2 D transducer in hull for running and have my side scan transducer for scanning. My question is do I have to manual switch from one transducer to the other or will unit switch automatically when I go from 2D to side or down scan? And which 2D puck transducer do I need to order for a Gen 2 helix unit? Thanks!!

A Y cable disconnects (no wires) an element in a transducer and connects (wires) an added transducer in its place. Nothing changes except the physical location of the sonar source. There is no manual switching, automatic or menu changes.
    The current Y cable for a Helix to split off 2D sonar is 9 M SIDB Y and has 6 pins in the unit plug.
    A Helix second generation model has 83/200 kHz for 2D sonar and the shoot-thru transducer model is XP 9 20.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    Thanks Wayne. I have one a buddy gave me. It does not have a part number on it. It only has 5 pins on the male side that plugs into the unit. On the female side one is marked dual beam and the other one is side imaging. I assume this one is just the M SIDBY correct? Just want to make sure before I buy one. I’ve tried but can’t find any pics on line of the 9 pin one to compare the ends.

4. Member
    The current one is as Wayne indicated. The one your buddy gave you is the older version that was used with Gen1 Helix and older models. The 6th pin on the unit plug was added with MEGA capability.

Y Cable Identification Help (bbcboards.net)
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Banned
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    The current one is as Wayne indicated. The one your buddy gave you is the older version that was used with Gen1 Helix and older models. The 6th pin on the unit plug was added with MEGA capability.

Y Cable Identification Help (bbcboards.net)
    The sixth circuit is for the dedicated Down Imaging piezo that the MEGA SI transducers have.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL