Transducer selection on Lowrance when using Ultrex built-in US2

Installed my new HDS Live 12 and Active Target. I am going to use the built-in US2 transducer on the Ultrex for 2D at least for the time being. I went into the transducer menu on the Live and there were tons of options, but I didn't see US2. Is there one option that works best?

2. Member
    Yes, Generic 83/200 kHz.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Thanks Marc. Took the Live 12 out yesterday for the first time and was really disappointed in the 2D sonar running alongside the Active Target. My old Elite 9 had a much, much better 2D image shooting off the same built-in transducer. I tried different modes, settings, and different frequencies. I have the 3-1 transducer still in the box. I guess I could mount it on the bottom of the trolling motor if it get me back to showing better 2D. I drop shot a bunch and being able to see clearly my bait and fish directly under the boat is important to me.

4. Member
    Can't get a better picture than on a LIVE, so the problem would be your transducer. It likely has degraded, or your motor is causing interference with your picture. Take a screen shot of your image and post it if you can.
    ciao,
    Marc