Thread: Manitowish Lake

Manitowish Lake

Anyone have experience on this lake? Heading up in a few weeks and thinking about checking it out. Good numbers for smallmouth? Can't seem to find any reports on it.

2. Member

3. Member
    I will be up on Spider for the week starting on July 3rd. It will be my first time on the chain of lakes up there. Getting excited for the vacation. I have heard it can be pretty busy up there during the summer. I will be following this post!
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

4. Member
    Anyone been up to this chain recently this summer? Hows the water clarity?

5. Member
    I was just up on this chain of lakes from 7/3 to 7/10, 2021. First time being up on this chain, started out pretty tough, not much action on moving baits or topwater. Lots of pleasure boaters which is expected. Finally broke down and slowed down and tried some finesse, mainly drop shotting. Finally started catching some fish with consistency. We found the key was finding a nicer clean weedline with a decent drop off, also clumps of good weeds near sharper drop offs. We didn't try any deeper structure. Was really suprised that we mainly caught smallies, and only a couple largemouth. The largemouth were all very skinny, smallies were healthy. Only about 3 pike caught all week, and a couple bite offs! Also really loved the outdoor bar/restaurant called the Lower Unit on Spider Lake. Have a great time!