Shimano Reel for Jig Rod

I posted a poll in one of the Shimano Facebook pages asking what most folks preferred as a jig rod reel. Overwhelmingly the answer was the bantam MGL ( I thought the 20 Metanium MGL would run away with it).

For those of you that have fished both the Bantam MGL and 20 Metanium MGL, which do you feel is best suited for a jig rod and why ( in my case the Dobyns DX745).

Thanks guys

2. Member
    I own both and I love both. They are both amazing fishing tools and I jig fish with both. They are remarkably similar in feel and smoothness. Metanium feels slightly smaller and lighter in the hand. That being said I own one Bantam and five Metaniums. Since they redesigned the Metanium it almost feels like the Bantam was awesome reel 1.0 and the Metanium was awesome reel 2.0. If you have the opportunity to mount both on the rod you intend to use I would pick whichever one balances the outfit the best.
    -Matt

3. Member
    I’d vote bantam for this application.

4. Member
    I have both and prefer the Bantams for heavier rods and the Metaniums for lighter rods. If you're only getting one I'd probably go with the Metanium.

Metanium XG or HG. I prefer XG. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"