Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger randy View Post
    Good friend bought a dealer boat. Registered as first owner, as stated above, he contacted dealer prior to them ordering boat. He spec it to his options, colors etc, after putting a deposit down. Took delivery with 5 hours on it at a reduced price. Yes he had to wait a while but was worth the wait.
    Gotcha. I started calling some dealers yesterday. We'll see how it goes.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    I got to thinking about buying a dealer demo thinking that it would be broken in correctly, have upgraded electronics and steady use.
    I understand your line of though but also be aware of the other end of the spectrum. They are similar to professional fishermen who gets a new boat every year. They may run it ever how they want because they know another new one is on the way. Plus if they work at the dealer it will be easy to get in line for a repair. Why take care of something that is not yours and your going to get a new one every year. That may be an extreme way to look at it but its but also very possible. My points is there is demo boats out there that are cherry and well taken care of and there are demo boats out there rode hard and cleaned up just in time to sell.
    Last edited by JR19; 06-11-2021 at 01:55 PM.

3. Member
    Make sure you check on being the first owner. I am on my my 3rd demo rig. This last one came from a sponsored pro. I assumed I would be the first owner as the rig was never registered. Nope, I am officially the 2nd owner per Ranger. Minor issue, but the clock is ticking on 10 year hull warranty.

4. Member
    I bought a Ranger Dealer Show demo model. It had 4 hours and hasn’t given me a single issue in 4 years.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    Make sure you check on being the first owner. I am on my my 3rd demo rig. This last one came from a sponsored pro. I assumed I would be the first owner as the rig was never registered. Nope, I am officially the 2nd owner per Ranger. Minor issue, but the clock is ticking on 10 year hull warranty.
    Good advice. Will do, thank you.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I bought a Ranger Dealer Show demo model. It had 4 hours and hasn’t given me a single issue in 4 years.
    Thanks man thats very reassuring.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12