Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

Maybe the competition didn’t see the video

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Good lord, that's alot of fish........
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Great vid

4. Member
    Where's your dead spot?

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Never had a dead spot on the 220 version

Crappie at a Guns and Roses concert? Thats alot of fish in one spot.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    The perspective view in the promo for HB is something else.....
    Fish have fins, they swim

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post

you are running 2.20?

11. Banned
    Just set up two transducers on a buddies boat. Both oriented the same way mounted side by side. Mine has new box software and his doesn't. Both units were 1242's side by side. We took a lot of care to make sure they were pointed as close as possible to the same target direction. I'm sending the pics and vid to a garmin engineer that keeps telling me nothing has changed. Between the blind spot and the lack of definition there is a lot of difference in the two. Both still get the job done but the old box is way better seeing fish buried in the bottom of the pile. It also can see a 1/16 oz jig better, at more distance, than the new box.

I won't share the video or pictures until he responds. Some of you folks will never know just how good it was since you started with the new software.

We did learn you can swap the transducer and the box software doesn't care. We also found out that port orientation works better than starboard no matter the software. In fact on the new software it's much better in port.

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    All of my videos it’s on starboard side.
    if you have the gps 1242 you can go into settings and select pro and fine tune the auto depth and auto forwards and gain it make a world of difference on the new version and old version

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have posted this before how the livescope can see through and beyond the first object .I see this a lot out fishing I just never recorded it.It’s definitely a feature that helps catch fish.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/3CvA8cgn2oI?feature=share

14. Member
    Only partially accurate. It will not see through an object blocking the sonar beam. It sees beyond a near object because of the various angles of the beams. You can see from the angle from the transducer that a line can be drawn from it to the far object(or fish) with nothing in between blocking it. It does what you are trying to say but not how you are saying it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    What you say is true ,but I guess what impress me the most is how it can pick up the ground behind a brush pile or rock and all the fish in every brush pile.We see big Brush piles the size of cars and straight behind it we are catching fish that we see swimming in 2 or 3 other piles and see our lure .And this can be on total flat ground and doesn’t have to be deep say 5-6 feet depth to what ever .How it does it don’t know but it’s something that is definitely cool.

16. Member
    Probably the biggest game changer since sonar became available.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Which version is this? What version do brand new units have?

18. Member
    It does suck in a way, normally competition is a good thing. But I don't think Garmin will be forced to speed up work on there next generation. When 3 years after livescope came out their two major competitors no better than the original.

19. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I know there’s something that will come out sometime but scope is so good now .Other than maybe better graphics to see what kind of fish is about all I need for now.The only reason we can’t tell on our lake is crappie are 8-11 inches so that’s a small return along with most 1-2 lbs bass.Gar show up and spoon bill show up almost picture perfect.it would be cool to select wide view and than select a narrow beam also.

20. Member
    TOC, really nice clear videos but the objects in your videos are close to the boat. My dead zone comes about the same depth of water. How about shooting another video with brush/fish out in front of the boat equal to the depth of the water. 25 feet or so of water with forward view about 40' would be great!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast