Ranger 198p Pro XS 150 Jackplate Height

Hello everyone first post here. I have a 2021 198p with the manual jackplate and a temptest 23p. I do not know anything about the jackplates. Once I have the boat loaded I’m spinning around 5700 and only getting 53mph. I was wondering how to go about starting to test heights on the jackplate and just what set ups you guys are running and what you are getting for speed and rpm. Let me know if you need more info to help! Thank you all!
    2021 Ranger 198P
    150hp Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex

I think you just have to play with it to find YOUR best setting. I have an Atlas Hydraulic that I only use to get into skinny water. Adjustments I tried while running on my boat have only resulted in a low speed.

You did not mention the setback length. Fuel load will make a huge difference in top end too.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    It is a 6in setback
    2021 Ranger 198P
    150hp Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex

4. Member
    Wyatt.G sounds like I have the same boat motor setup as you with the exception of a dual stack on the bow of the boat with a 12 in Garmin and Helix 10 (probably 20 lbs right on the nose . Also have a Ultrex , my jack plate is a 4 in Slidemaster.

From factory and Dealer the jack plate was set WAY to high . I switched to a 24 Tempest and dropped my plate as low as it would go which gave me the lift I needed and dropped my RPMs to 5900 from 6300.

Still tweeking plate hight some but running 54 WOT GPS with me and 3/4 tank of gas. I'm sure I could get 3 or 4 mph more if I didn't have so much weight on the nose of the boat but not having bow electronics is not an option