Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    One of the guys at the expo said they're spending many hours on mega live and that there will be several tweaks and software updates in the next several months to get it right.

2. Member
    Do you guys think having the touch screen of the Solix will be a big advantage? The on screen settings on Livescope makes adjustments a lot faster.

3. Member
    One little video with not allot to see and people are bashing HB. Good! I hope they all cancel their preorders! I remember when Livescope was first introduced and only showed tarpon and people swimming. I thought what a joke. Boy was I wrong. Hopefully a few units will get into the hands of a few crappie fishermen and we'll get a chance to see if Mega Live is any good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    Do you guys think having the touch screen of the Solix will be a big advantage? The on screen settings on Livescope makes adjustments a lot faster.
    Since the views and menus are not known yet, I would not guess one way or the other. I use the buttons more than the touch screen with a SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Trystanking View Post
    So after the public outcry for humminbird to finally release images. They finally do... But here's the kicker. They use some sub par images and then show the real images in private viewing rooms that 99.9899% of there potential buyers won't see... Man that is next level genius! Bravo humminbird give the head of your marketing divsion a raise!!
    Nobody said anything about private viewing rooms. I used the word “private” as in they would not let me have a copy.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

6. Member
    My point was why they did not incorporate these in the promo video they released this week? The images were all extremely close in. Just seems like a huge marketing blunder if they have some awesome footage of range and clarity why not show it? Not calling you a liar. Just saying I think it was a huge mistake if that is the case. The general consensus has not been kind to mega live.

Which pros are using it at the Classic?
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Here’s another Facebook video clip of Mega Live. Not any doubt on species of fish. Appears to be a iPhone recording of a head unit displaying ML.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4758...5101007583959/
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

9. Member
    I'm sure that Humminbird is going to do everything in their power to tweak the software over the next few months. Unfortunately, their track record with updates is poor. Really poor actually.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    One little video with not allot to see and people are bashing HB. Good! I hope they all cancel their preorders! I remember when Livescope was first introduced and only showed tarpon and people swimming. I thought what a joke. Boy was I wrong. Hopefully a few units will get into the hands of a few crappie fishermen and we'll get a chance to see if Mega Live is any good or not.
    Video to remember how it looked three years ago. Something way more better....
    Last edited by Hurja; 06-12-2021 at 12:17 PM.

11. Member
    I would have liked a more impressive first release. This is better:
    https://www.facebook.com/HumminbirdE...11756552170948

Quote Originally Posted by Trystanking View Post
    My point was why they did not incorporate these in the promo video they released this week? The images were all extremely close in. Just seems like a huge marketing blunder if they have some awesome footage of range and clarity why not show it? Not calling you a liar. Just saying I think it was a huge mistake if that is the case. The general consensus has not been kind to mega live.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jym View Post
    Ya I've saw that video. Definitely looks better.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jym View Post
    That looks good

14. Member
    One of the negatives of a wider cone is that it can create a dead zone on the bottom. For guys that fish suspended its no big deal but for guys that fish relating to the bottom it
    May cause a dead zone. Not alot of guys think about that. I fish lakes with severe depth changes and if my beam is shooting parallel with the break it will have a dead zone.

15. Member
    I guess now people will have mega live and livescope running in unison to compensate for the dead zones in each technology

16. Member
    I'm not saying that it's a flaw. Just trying to point out that alot of guys keep saying wider beam is great . Just letting people know that there is a downside to a wider beam.

18. Member
    Ok! I’ll bite. Just pre ordered off Brian of BBG Marine the Mega Live. Couldn’t resist. .

19. Banned
    I don't care how anyone wants to spin it.. THIS IS MEGA GARBAGE!!!!!!! FACT!!!!!!!!. so disappointed.

20. Member
    NOT fact!!!!! That is your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    I don't care how anyone wants to spin it.. THIS IS MEGA GARBAGE!!!!!!! FACT!!!!!!!!. so disappointed.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast