Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a solix, 3 helix units, and 2 AS360 units between 2 boats. From the very little footage shown - which is not real-life user footage, I feel like Livescope offers more easily interpreted images. Man - disappointing if these images are Bird "putting their best foot forward".

I've been holding off on a live image system to see if Humminbird would bring something amazing. If this is it, I may be moving to Garmin or... (gasp) Lowrance. - hoping to see some actual user-footage soon.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

2. Banned
    Only thing i want to know. To hook this thing up, how many HB adapters,Y cables and dongles does it need? $$
    I'm a HB guy but not all that impressed with the images in the video.

I wonder if they got all the interference issues fixed, That's the rumor I heard on why it took so long. It makes sense with the amount of guys that complain about interference with birds.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

4. Member
    I have been waiting for a year for the Humminbird offering. Finally broke down a few weeks ago and ordered a Lowrance Live 12 and an Active Target. I was afraid I was going to have buyer's remorse when Humminbird finally had their's for sale. I am so glad to see this video and to see that the HB model looks no better than what I just bought. I am sure it is just as good and the HB guys are excited. Nice to have multiple options available.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Only thing i want to know. To hook this thing up, how many HB adapters,Y cables and dongles does it need? $$
    I'm a HB guy but not all that impressed with the images in the video.
    My buddies and I were talking about this very thing. Humminbird loves adapter cables

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    My buddies and I were talking about this very thing. Humminbird loves adapter cables
    From my understanding it is an ethernet cord so you could run M360 and this to the same head unit. But that goes out the window when you want to network it with other units.
    Fish have fins, they swim

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If there is no external box like Garmin and Lowrance, i would think they incorporated the "brains" in the transducer like what Garmin did with their first gen Panopitx.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Still hard to beat the original I was hoping for something totally different but ....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro XP View Post
    im really surprised it isnt better as long as it has taken to get it to market

Images are definitely not any better than Panoptix.

10. Member
    Kind of disappointing.

I was really hoping for something "Mega" new to give a kick to the nads so Garmin had to up the game again.

Keep in mind that company promos only use the very best videos available, so nothing really new and exciting to see here, at least in this video.

Darn.

Guess I will wait for some honest, unsponsored "on the water" reviews for some golden nugget(s) not seen in the vid.

Disclaimer... I run both HB and Garmin integrated systems on the boat side by side, so no real brand loyalty to any one system.
    Last edited by MikeF; 06-09-2021 at 10:30 AM.

11. Member
    This is quite underwhelming! It's obvious they know it by the fact that most of the video is showing Brandon and all of his other Bird products and not actual footage of Mega Live! What a let down. For me, it's now decision time. I do not want to add a 3rd unit to my bow! If I'm not going to do that, I have to delete either my Solix or my Helix and replace with a Garmin. Which means I have to buy another head unit! Or I suppose I could just make due with this. SMH!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Nice!
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

13. Member
    I was going to do it last winter but I guess it will now be this winters project to switch over from garmin live scope to HB mega live. Probably best since I ordered a Apex for the console and was going to move the console solix to the bow for live and the Apex is nothing but crickets so far. Also probably get a motorized or separate mount of some sort for it so its not dependent on the trolling motor position.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    Glad Humminbird has it now. But it looks just like another copy. That's okay i guess.

15. Member
    It’s live 2d sonar not HiDef 4k tv. Where HB screwed up was calling it MEGA. That caused more confusion than anything.

The plus side for the HB users is NO BLACK BOX. They can be a pain, JMHO.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    It’s live 2d sonar not HiDef 4k tv. Where HB screwed up was calling it MEGA. That caused more confusion than anything.

The plus side for the HB users is NO BLACK BOX. They can be a pain, JMHO.
    +1. You would expect the same quality of images that you are able to get with SI/DI mega....probably why only 3 seconds of landscape footage was shown. Is going to look terrible compared to M360
    Fish have fins, they swim

17. Member
    I originally I said if its as good or better than Livescope I would probably get it. Since I can't watch the video at the moment is this the case? Or is it to soon to tell?
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

18. Member
    with all the hype I was expecting something ... more? different? better?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    I originally I said if its as good or better than Livescope I would probably get it. Since I can't watch the video at the moment is this the case? Or is it to soon to tell?
    I would say to soon. All they show is fish. When they have a clip showing structure that would be the deciding factor.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    Not as good as LS. From the video, it isn't close.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast