Question Thinking about trading,need some advice!

Hello All!! First of all, I don’t know a damn thing about boats! Lol this would be my first one. I’m thinking about trading my 2018 Honda pioneer 500 for a 1995’ , 21’9” Astro 20 dcx with dual console. The motor has 200 hours and the boat has 300 hours on it. It has a mercury 200 hp 2.5 liter fuel injection motor. 4 new batteries, 70 # minnkota recessed foot petal ,2 new garmin graph fish finders,a tandem trailer,hotfoot,covers ect… basically what it comes down to is , I’ve got 232 miles and 82 hours on my pioneer. I have roughly 9500$ in my Honda . Is it worth it guys? I worked really hard to get that Honda guys, I really don’t want to get ripped off, simply because I don’t know SHI_ about boats!! Lol any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!! Thx Ben

2. Member
    Just replied to your other post before seeing this one and my dad's similar boat had a 95(same year) carbureted Mercury, so that step up to the 99 fuel injected motor is significant. If the engine checks out, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The thing about a boat that old is that everything depends on condition. Taken care of and stored inside or with great care outside it certainly could be worth that.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Agree with catfan, you should be able to tell by looking at the gelcoat and condition of the seats, trailer etc, whether it's lived in a garage or not. The hours seem kind of odd, 200 hours on a 22 year old motor is low, hopefully it hasn't been sitting a really long time.

Sorry guys, I honestly forgot to reply back. I appreciate the inquiry’s but I actually bought a 96’ stratus 268. Literally showroom quality, been garage kept it’s whole life. I just got done putting a Honda BF130 4 stroke on it. I wish I would’ve checked the weight on the damn thing!! It’s heavy! Nothing like seeing a title wave coming at ya when you come off plane!! Lol The previous owner installed 5 marine batteries on this boat!! He’s got enough juice to power a small city. I found a lithium 1000cca that I’m gonna switch out. It weighs 16.8 pounds vs 250 pounds! I think that should help! Thx
    96’ stratus 268
    Honda BF130
    Minn kota 36v 112lb thrust
    Dual ONIX 10si touch Ethernet together
    Dual Minn kota 12’ talons