Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowrance 20.3 software upgrade

Good Morning Americans! In Russia, for the second day, they are discussing Lowrance 20.3 software upgrade. There is silence here. It seems that Lowrance is first presenting an upgrade in Russia. But we can't do the upgrade ourselves, "the great" Lowrance says we need to take our chartplotters to the dealer. We understand that this is madness, but we can do nothing, only "vote" with our wallet, and of course against.Wake up, install on your appliances, and share your opinions about the upgrade.
    Last edited by ttt18; 06-09-2021 at 05:33 AM.

2. Member
    Yes That would be Madness!

3. Member
    Don't trust anything coming from Russia

The next Lowrance software release will be distributed as normal and the upgrade process will be exactly as we are used to.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuirus View Post
    Don't trust anything coming from Russia

The next Lowrance software release will be distributed as normal and the upgrade process will be exactly as we are used to.
    It's hard not to believe what's in front of your eyes.
    The method of updating the line only through a dealer is only valid for Russia, and that's crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    I can at least ensure it won't be any problems in the rest of the world.

Most probably what you are seeing is a bug which has not been detected before now.

6. Member
    No, this is not a mistake. This is a continuation of discrimination based on linguistic affiliation http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1102177

And yes, the device cannot be independently updated even in the United States if the Russian / Ukrainian language pack is installed.

7. Member
    I wonder if they are considering it an ITAR item now ? That would explain it.

8. Member

9. Member
    Looks like mainly a Radar and ITC update. Not much in here for this audience unfortunately but if its quick I might do it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishThe603 View Post
    I wonder if they are considering it an ITAR item now ? That would explain it.
    No, Lowrance Carplotters are Export Approved, ECCN: EAR99.
    Lowrance went on about the local distributor Slavutich, and blocked an independent update of the devices. The distributor loses sales, users are not satisfied with the distributor's pricing policy, and they buy chartplotters anywhere but from the distributor. But it's really crazy to try to limit the choice of where you buy your appliances. We live in the age of globalization, and now you can easily and legally buy anything, anywhere.

But the conversation is not about that.
    We're wondering what improvements are coming in this update? Install the update and share your opinion.
    Last edited by ttt18; 06-09-2021 at 10:01 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    No, Lowrance Carplotters are Export Approved, ECCN: EAR99.
    Lowrance went on about the local distributor Slavutich, and blocked an independent update of the devices. The distributor loses sales, users are not satisfied with the distributor's pricing policy, and they buy chartplotters anywhere but from the distributor. But it's really crazy to try to limit the choice of where you buy your appliances. We live in the age of globalization, and now you can easily and legally buy anything, anywhere.

But the conversation is not about that.
    We're wondering what improvements are coming in this update? Install the update and share your opinion.
    Haven't installed it yet but if you read the addendum its mainly a Radar and ITC features upgrade https://softwaredownloads.navico.com...2786-001_w.pdf

12. Member
    Thank you, I know the update description. I'm more interested in solving the problem of blocking the structure screen when choosing the frequency of the TM150 sensor.
    Anyway, the time will come when we can install the update. ))

13. Member
    I am installing the updates now, and will be on the lake in the morning trying them out. All should be aware that there are 3 separate updates for those of us that have 3D StructureScan and Active Target. Update 20.3 must be installed for the HDS Carbon or LIVE, or Ti2, and there is an update for the StructureScan box, and for the Active Target box. Be sure to do all three updates so that all hardware is on the same version software.

No doubt there will be some who don't do this, and will therefor have problems because their hardware is not operating the same software versions.

As usual the MFD software is an automatically loaded .upd update, and the box updates are .riw updates which have to be manually installed.
    ciao,
    Marc

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I am installing the updates now, and will be on the lake in the morning trying them out. All should be aware that there are 3 separate updates for those of us that have 3D StructureScan and Active Target. Update 20.3 must be installed for the HDS Carbon or LIVE, or Ti2, and there is an update for the StructureScan box, and for the Active Target box. Be sure to do all three updates so that all hardware is on the same version software.

No doubt there will be some who don't do this, and will therefor have problems because their hardware is not operating the same software versions.

As usual the MFD software is an automatically loaded .upd update, and the box updates are .riw updates which have to be manually installed.
    Thanks for this reminder. I didn’t realize there was a 20.3 for active target too.

15. Member
    I had to install 20.3 to make my active target work on my carbon, really didnt work right on live until installed either
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Do we need to do a SOFT or HARD RESET after the updates? I did a HARD reset when I updated to 20.2 .......So do I need to do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    Do we need to do a SOFT or HARD RESET after the updates? I did a HARD reset when I updated to 20.2 .......So do I need to do it again?
    You dont need to that unless you have issues

18. Member
    Used 20.3 all day today. No problems on any unit, 3D Structure Scan, Active Target, or my TM150.
    ciao,
    Marc

19. Member
    Thanks Mark. Lowrance makes good devices, and hopefully we will see new chartplotters soon, which will have both a screen magnifier and a mega frequency.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Used 20.3 all day today. No problems on any unit, 3D Structure Scan, Active Target, or my TM150.

Did you notice any benefits or improvements?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast