Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Did you notice any benefits or improvements?
    I see they moved the direction indicator to an unused part of screen and resolved the wifi deal. Thats pretty good.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    I see they moved the direction indicator to an unused part of screen and resolved the wifi deal. Thats pretty good.
    Yes. Didn't notice any other change, but then again I am getting great performance now without any issues needing correction.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    I updated both my 12" Carbons & SS3D to 20.3 yesterday after launching my boat. All went well. It appears to me that standing timber was much more detailed while idling in both downscan & sidescan. While on the troll motor downscan seemed much better when going over a cutoff treetop laying on the bottom. Branches were thicker & more exact. Just better definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Used 20.3 all day today. No problems on any unit, 3D Structure Scan, Active Target, or my TM150.
    Were you able to use a custom frequency on your airmar without the sidescan and downscan freezing up like the previous 20.1 update?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BRYANPF View Post
    Were you able to use a custom frequency on your airmar without the sidescan and downscan freezing up like the previous 20.1 update?
    I did not try to use a custom frequency after installing 20.3, although the choice was there in the menu. I did use the TM150 on medium CHIRP with no freezing of Down or SideScan. But then again, I didn't have the freezing with 20.1 software either. I am using 3D StructureScan for Down and SideScan, and my Ghost for DownScan. No issues of freezine while using the TM150 either with 20.1 or 20.3 software.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM350V View Post
    I updated both my 12" Carbons & SS3D to 20.3 yesterday after launching my boat. All went well. It appears to me that standing timber was much more detailed while idling in both downscan & sidescan. While on the troll motor downscan seemed much better when going over a cutoff treetop laying on the bottom. Branches were thicker & more exact. Just better definition.
    Good to know. I was debating updating and think I will. How do you update the ss3d box?

Do I need to back up all my waypoints first? Been a while since I've done any updates.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmada View Post
    Good to know. I was debating updating and think I will. How do you update the ss3d box?

Do I need to back up all my waypoints first? Been a while since I've done any updates.
    You put the 20.3 update on the microSD card, and then the card in one of your HDS units that is connected by ethernet to your 3D StructureScan box. Make sure you have the 3D StructureScan box powered up.

Then go to your "Storage" folder that represents the slot you installed the SD card. Look at the files on the card, and select the update file by touching it (it ends in .riw). Then follow the instructions to upload or install it. Be very patient. It will first upload the update, then synchronize the files, then it will be reboot and be completed.

I definitely recommend saving a copy of all your waypoints before uploading just in case you added or deleted some since your last saved copy. Then if you need to perform a hard reset after installing the update you will have your waypoints and can reload them.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Marc!
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

9. Member
    A software update has been released Version: 22.1-65.14. The manufacturer finally heard us, the owners of the chartplotters with the Russian language pack, thank you. When updating the package with the Russian language "flies", but the new firmware is installed, and you can use the new functions, but only in English. But it's not a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12