Table rock smallmouth

Hey guys, south Louisiana avid bass fishermen here gonna be in town next week for my 12 yr old sons travel baseball tournament in Branson and plan on fishing a few days in between games. Decided I’d rather not tow my boat that far and plan is to rent boat at the state park and really try target a few smallmouth means we don’t have them here and never caught any before he’s and I are really excited about it. Wondering if any of you guys have any tips on what to look for, depth this time of yr etc.? I would assume those boats for rent don’t have the best electronics and maybe just a depth finder at best. Do you think I have a fair shot at just targeting random Rocky points on the main lake with small swim baits and maybe some docks would be worth it? Since I don’t have a contour map was thinking this would be my best option. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance my name is anthony by the way ��

2. Member
    I would target points, any points from 12-25 FOW. We were down a year ago about this time and caught several using a carolina rig. In the early mornings we were getting them to hit a spook top water and 3.8 swimbait. For what its worth.

3. Member
    You should be able to pick up a topo map at Bass Pro on the Branson Landing.

4. Member
    They probably aren’t super deep yet. The suggestions above are good. Down by the dam catching a few shouldn’t be hard. Shaky heads and Ned rigs would be on my list as well. In a month it will probably be a lot tougher. Very pretty lake. I wish it was closer to me than LOZ. Lake is several feet high but should have 5+ feet of visibility.

5. Member
    I'm sure you can pick up a map at State Park also.. To me targeting Smallmouth on Table Rock isn't a exact science, they just kinda show up where they feel like it.
    I'd look around Schooner creek and I'd go early to avoid the chaos. The ones I've caught lately have come on a C-rig and pretty random..I'd look at the drops off off the gravel points.

6. Member
    Lake is very high. You'd be better of seeing if you could get a guide for a half day trip because you probably want to be off the lake by 10am anyway since the wake boats will be out, especially if it is the weekend.

7. Member
    Anthony - Sent you a pm.

8. Member
    Ned rig and grubs..

9. Member
    Stay on the main lake as the rivers are full of floating crap and close to 90 degrees.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickingbass View Post
    Hey guys, south Louisiana avid bass fishermen here gonna be in town next week for my 12 yr old sons travel baseball tournament in Branson and plan on fishing a few days in between games. Decided I’d rather not tow my boat that far and plan is to rent boat at the state park and really try target a few smallmouth means we don’t have them here and never caught any before he’s and I are really excited about it. Wondering if any of you guys have any tips on what to look for, depth this time of yr etc.? I would assume those boats for rent don’t have the best electronics and maybe just a depth finder at best. Do you think I have a fair shot at just targeting random Rocky points on the main lake with small swim baits and maybe some docks would be worth it? Since I don’t have a contour map was thinking this would be my best option. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance my name is anthony by the way ��
    If you will PM me your phone number I can give you some info.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

11. Member
    i was just there for a week. Swimbait in morning on flat gravel 12-15 feet. if that doesnt work then football jig on same areas.