Garmin Ultra - Turn Off / Hide Waypoint Numbers?

Nothing mentioned in owner's manual (that I can find) and can't figure it out on the unit (if it's even possible)...

TIA.

-Frank

Yes, you can hide the waypoint labels, but the only option is one waypoint at a time.

Chart menu, Wpts and Tracks, Wpt Display, Display, Symbol only
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Is there a place to set up the defaults for waypoints? Does not change the individual editing, but if the created waypoints started out that way the result would be what you want. I have a Solix and it has its symbol issues, but I can group waypoints to save and by adding them back in I get the updated format. Might be proprietary to Solix, but Garmin is usually ahead in the mapping Tech. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Thanks Todd!

If anyone from Garmin reads these threads please make this a "global" setting so all labels can be turned off with a single button push. All the labels do is take up screen real estate and clutter the screen while providing no additional pertinent information (for those of us who mark spots with different symbols to identify structure type; boulder, brush pile, etc.). I would think most people could care less if the waypoint is #1439 vs #3274. And for those people that replace the waypoint number with a name, they can leave the labels turned "on"...

5. Member
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by frank77 View Post
    Thanks Todd!

If anyone from Garmin reads these threads please make this a "global" setting so all labels can be turned off with a single button push. All the labels do is take up screen real estate and clutter the screen while providing no additional pertinent information (for those of us who mark spots with different symbols to identify structure type; boulder, brush pile, etc.). I would think most people could care less if the waypoint is #1439 vs #3274. And for those people that replace the waypoint number with a name, they can leave the labels turned "on"...

6. Member
    I assigned all my waypoints the number that matched the chart depth for that spot. Now the number I see on the chart is the waypoint depth.