Brought home a VL 485

Brought home a VL 485 Sunday that I got pretty cheap. It's rough I am pretty sure all the wood needs to be replaced. It has a 200 HP Mercury on it and I am in the process of getting it running before starting to rebuild the boat. For those who have or have had a VL 485 whats your thoughts about them and is a 200 hp motor a good match for it. I am waiting on a few parts to come in and I will see how the motor runs, it has good compression about 120 psi in all cylinders. once I get the motor running and am satisfied with it I will pull the cap off the boat and see what I am dealing with. when I get the cap off I will post some pictures. I have two Hydra-Sports boats now and both of them have a bad color combination. I have not decided if I am going to paint with imron or gel coat the cap. The metal flake is exposed so I will have to do something with it.

2. Member
    Good luck with that boat ,,,Standing by for updates

3. Member
    I just picked up one myself. Has the 200 on it and it runs pretty damn good. It is all looking stock at the moment but haven’t tore into it. I love mine so far. Wide and big decks.