Powerpole Charge

I love my PP Charge but it just seems its lying to me.

I know my Lowrance Ghost is easy on batteries but there is no way my 80ah Amped Outdoors lithiums come in at 95% charge after a full day on the trolling motor every single time. Just can't be right, no way, no how. Anybody else seeing this? Readings on my X2 AGM cranking battery seem plausible around 70%.

And why in the world does the charge not display percentage of battery instead of just voltage while fishing? It displays percentage when plugged into power just fine.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Your not the only one to notice this especially with the advent of bluetooth on lithiums such as Impulse and Ionic and lcd displays on other brands. , I think its something they need to look into or are already.. Also your one of many ( including myself) that wish we could get percentage of charge while on the water. voltage on lithium doesnt really tell us anything. Hopefully they will listen to customers and maybe change that with a software update if possible I Do not see why it wouldnt be possible as seems its already there but just on shore power, however im not a engineer im all for it as long as the percentage is a true percentage. Charge is great works as advertised.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-09-2021 at 03:10 PM.

3. Member
    Why does a product which has been on the market for what 2 years? Still have these issues? For what I spent on the Charge I expect better. Nobody who has read this has Ionics with bluetooth and seeing the same problem?

And where were all the complaints of these issues on BBC? Never seen any. Is everyone so wrapped up to only say nice things about PP?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Charles just give Power Pole a call. Im sure they would be happy to assist you in listening and answering any questions you may have.

5. Member
    Spidergrub - PM the best number to reach you at

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power.Pole CS View Post
    Spidergrub - PM the best number to reach you at
    PM Sent

7. Member
    rec. calling here in a sec.

8. Member
    Well, Powerpole says they cannot make the PP Charge tell us percentage left while in fishing mode, not plugged into A/C power, because the charge is constantly moving power between the batteries.

Guy also told me that the 95% reading I am getting is correct and is because with me using the trolling motor so much in my day of fishing the PP Charge is pulling power from the X2 cranking battery to keep the lithium TM batteries charged.

Time to take this big ole heavy champion 206 to a Trolling Motor only lake and dog those batteries, if I come home and the charge still tells me I have 95% on my lithiums my X2 better be dead

9. Member
    Talking with the guys at Power Pole at the Classic there should be a predefined cutoff that it stops pulling from your cranking battery. I want to say it was 50% capacity of the cranking it would stop transferring power to the trolling batteries?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
    Talking with the guys at Power Pole at the Classic there should be a predefined cutoff that it stops pulling from your cranking battery. I want to say it was 50% capacity of the cranking it would stop transferring power to the trolling batteries?
    On a normal day I'm pulling the X2 Cranking Battery down to 70% +/- so if it stops pulling at 50% on the X2 then I'm gonna try and tank the trolling motor batteries for a full day on a electric only lake and figure that the PP Charge won't tell me they are still at 95% again. Maybe then I will trust it. But I will make sure to take the boat keys and the GB40 Jump pack just in case it's needed to start the outboard motor to get me back to the dock, I doubt the park ranger boat could jump my outboard or tow me in.

Every single time I have been out this year the PP Charge has told me my TM batteries were at 95% when I plugged in

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Its 60 percent not 50 . At 50 percent discharge a lead acid or agm is about dead.

12. Member
    When I got home from fishing on Saturday I connected my Drok battery monitor to one of the lithiums and it told me 80% charge left. I logged into the C Monster app, connected to the charge and then proceeded to plug A/C power into the Charge. For a short time the charge told me that the lithiums were at 71% and then it switched to 95%. So I think it will tell me the truth but have to be looking at the app when I plug it into A/C power.

13. Member
    My Stealth 1 unit transfers the charge to the trolling battery and keeps it fully charged before charging the cranking battery. I almost always see 96% or better on my 36V Lithium.

14. Member
    Well, I finally took a trip to the local TM only lake on Sunday. Fished for 10 hours and used my system hard, lots of trolling with the ghost on 6 and 8, lots of spot lock. Had both of my lowrance graphs on the entire time and the dual power poles were turned on but were not used more than once or twice since I was fishing deep.

After fishing I got home. Activated the C Monster app and plugged in the A/C power to check the PP Charge. I should have used my Drok meter to check the TM batteries beforehand but I didn't. What the PPCharge showed me was I had in the neighborhood of 40% power left on the 80Ah Amped Outdoor Lithiums and 59% left on my X2 Power 31. So plenty of power for a 10hr day and no loss of power to the TM at all throughout the day, no low power on the graphs. No Worries.

It was sure nice heading back to the dock and still having constant power from the lithiums to my ghost instead of limping back like I did on my flooded or AGM batteries in the past.

I still have one tournament later in the year at a TM only lake where I will be putting fish in the livewell but from what I see I'm not expecting any issues with power.

i have a brand new power pole charger its actually my 3rd this year i put the system in this year with 4 brand new ionic lithium batteries the ionic app says 3 of them are reading 99 percent but one of them says 75 its my trolling motor battery the one in the middle that the power pole does not connect to the boat is one year old its a Z 21 nitro i bought last year the power pole charger says all the batteries are at a 100 percent my question is which one is correct the app for the batteries or the C monster i have talked to both companies and as usual l they both blame each others product anyone out there have any advice or know anything this is driving me up the wall i have spent alot of money for the batteries and the power pole charger any help would be appreciated

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paultangherlini View Post
    i have a brand new power pole charger its actually my 3rd this year i put the system in this year with 4 brand new ionic lithium batteries the ionic app says 3 of them are reading 99 percent but one of them says 75 its my trolling motor battery the one in the middle that the power pole does not connect to the boat is one year old its a Z 21 nitro i bought last year the power pole charger says all the batteries are at a 100 percent my question is which one is correct the app for the batteries or the C monster i have talked to both companies and as usual l they both blame each others product anyone out there have any advice or know anything this is driving me up the wall i have spent alot of money for the batteries and the power pole charger any help would be appreciated
    PM Sent