It’s hot…who has been out?

Ok this heat stretch is going to last a while. I need to adjust my thinking and accept that I am going to have to slug it out a bit.

if you have been fishing, where have you found them? Wondering if it makes sense to just hit the summer pattern of the deeper weedline.

2. Member
    There's fish shallow. There's fish deep. Same as always. I haven't been out since the weekend, but I haven't seen any sign of bluegill spawn. I suspect this weekend may be different though.

The one thing i've seen, at least the lakes i've been on, is the weed growth is a little behind (except for pondweed). The offshore fish i've found have been on new coontail growth.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

4. Member
    Got out this morning early, and found a really good neko bite in 13-20 ft, main lake points on deep edge of the weedline. Water temps almost to 80.

So damn hot out a power pole line blew up in a glorious mist the size of half of my boat covered the GF and my dad. At first I thought it was a can of spray sunscreen. Had not even used the anchors as I was on a clear deep lake.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    That would suck!

7. Member
    I got out on Sunday morning and the fish was quite active early in the morning. Bite slowed down after about 9am with the high sun and high pressure. Bite was best about 6am-ish. Was a blast as they were biting topwater.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

8. Member
    Been out a few days early morning lately. As Matt said, the bite has trailed off for me after the sun gets high, however I've been catching fish on the shallow and deep weed edges all morning long. Solid weedlines now, and have been seeing bluegill beds with those little buggers circling like crazy. Water temps are right at 80-82 in the north metro.

9. Member
    0A11ED3E-6E19-4B48-9724-20385358DBCE.jpegEBE5FAF9-81AD-42A1-A69D-F00C9283D322.jpeg

Big pond had a pretty good bite last weekend all day.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.