Water pressure gauge stopped working

17 sho 250 9n a fx 20. I have a digital and analog gauge. Both stopped working at the same time. They both read zero at all times. I have replaced water pump and it works fine. Anyone have this issue? I'm thinking possibly a thermostat but not sure? Dealer is 3 hours away and I will take it in of I cant fix this myself. Thanks

2. Member
    You have both the optional Command Link water pressure sensor installed (plumbed to a Command Link gauge or NMEA 2000 network) and the optional analog water pressure fitting installed on the thermostat cover (connected to a water pressure gauge on the dash) correct? A belt and suspenders approach.

Since they get pressure information from different places on the block I am not understanding how it can be a thermostat. But...

3. Member
    Is the motor running OK? That is, not over heating?

4. Member
    Everything seems fine. Water out of tale tale engine temp is fine. Not over heating. Just no water pressure on either gauge. I looked behind the console and nema feeds digital gauge and then have a pigtail over to what I thought were analogue gauges. Be I'm guessing it's the same info just 2 different places. Everything else works as it should on the gauges. Maybe it's just a bad sensor on the motor.

5. Member
    Yes I have the sensor installed on my motor with the plug connected. There is also a T with a water line connected to the bottom. I disconnected the hose and water was inside the hose.

Clogged popit valve?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    I would remove the sensor and the sensor attachment fitting and check for clogs. Not unheard of.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Clogged popit valve?
    Not used on that model.

9. Member
    Copy. thanks guys for the input.