Pre-arrival PII rigging questions - help me prepare

I hope to not be boat-less anymore by end of next week. I have questions and preface them with this: I am a total moron when it comes to rigging of any kind, especially wiring/electrical. With that, here goes.

Does the control pad have an empty spot like maybe the acc button? If so, what would be a good thing to put there? I know I will want power to a NMEA 200 network for Lowrance info and ordered the level one Merc Monitor(really would like to avoid the 4 stroke forum if possible), and will also want a switch to the black box for my Livescope.

What are the graphs normally wired to? Is there an obvious buss or fuse box? Should I order the extra cable from Basscat now? Setup is one unit at bow and dual at console.

Do all Cats now have the hole under the trolling motor spot? I will need to install a Balzout up there(should have ordered from factory but forgot).

How are you guys running your Livescope transducer cable? I previously ran it backdown the mount and then into the side of the TM panel, but could see running it down the TMcable to the hole under the foor(if one is there).

Is there any issue with running two side scan transducers? I am keeping a Carbon 9 for mapping and 2D, but fell into a 3 in 1 for cheap and may want to run that if I am not happy with the GT54 to my 93 SV.

Thanks and if any of the above is not clear, i can clear it up later.

Oh, and if a power pole is ordered factory, is there a cut off switch?
    Last edited by PMantle; 06-08-2021 at 02:40 PM.

[QUOTE=PMantle;11921047]I hope to not be boat-less anymore by end of next week. I have questions and preface them with this: I am a total moron when it comes to rigging of any kind, especially wiring/electrical. With that, here goes.

Does the control pad have an empty spot like maybe the acc button? If so, what would be a good thing to put there? I know I will want power to a NMEA 200 network for Lowrance info and ordered the level one Merc Monitor(really would like to avoid the 4 stroke forum if possible), and will also want a switch to the black box for my Livescope. ​live scope will need its own dedicated line to a supply battery- you could run a seperate lithium for it and the box will need to be mounted probably in the right side rod box. The acc switch on most boats does livewell lights, and hand rails p2 no hand rails so its probably livewell illumination. You cant per say really power much off that circuit I wouldn't believe

What are the graphs normally wired to? Is there an obvious buss or fuse box? Should I order the extra cable from Basscat now? Setup is one unit at bow and dual at console.t ​Most have a power lug under the console that has heavier gauge wire, if you ordered larger graphs I would assume its got the larger gauge wire to that location

Do all Cats now have the hole under the trolling motor spot? I will need to install a Balzout up there(should have ordered from factory but forgot​They only cut that hole under the pedal when they are rigging, and my 2017 puma did not have that, as the hds9 was just mounted near the foot pedal screwed down with the factory gimbal and no fancy mount like the bbt, or balzout. Working though the cup holder hole was a chore!

How are you guys running your Livescope transducer cable? I previously ran it backdown the mount and then into the side of the TM panel, but could see running it down the TMcable to the hole under the foor(if one is there ​I have a garmin force, and theres no cables to tape wires too, but if you do go that route, do not zip tie the livescope cables it can damage the fibers inside

Is there any issue with running two side scan transducers? I am keeping a Carbon 9 for mapping and 2D, but fell into a 3 in 1 for cheap and may want to run that if I am not happy with the GT54 to my 93 ​ shouldnt have any interference, if you do could be corrected with settings/ ping speed. GT 54 produces pretty good side images.

Thanks and if any of the above is not clear, i can clear it up later.

Oh, and if a power pole is ordered factory, is there a cut off switch?[/QUOTE ​They mount a power switch for the pumps in the bilge area its a simple toggle switch.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    Thanks Matt. Yeah on Livescope, I use that black tape that sticks to itself. Works awesome. Just not sure if to run the cables back down the mount like the instructions say, or down the cable to under the foot. That plug requires a large hole, ans i have seen some guys drill an extra one using a clam shell cover.

The NMEA network would not require a lot of power. Maybe that could go to the ACC? Really glad to see there's a PP switch. I only use mine in the Spring. On my last boat, my repair guy rigged a simple toggle for the black box under the console. Worked perfectly. May go that route again.

Poles will have power/kill in the bilge and it will have a switch probably pre mounted on the dash for the poles actuation. I also added stomp pad buttons to mine. Theres a custom mount that Tom Grazino makes and it will fill the area at the bow where the marker bouy recession is, its pretty slick. That way nothing gets mounted to the carpet or cap/ and its more away from your rod butts. My boat was pre wired by bcb and I installed all my mounts/ so I could place them for my needs. It did have a triple clamp shell at the nose cause theres that many wires coming out of there! lol
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Member
    Yeah, I bought that PP switch mount a long time ago for my Margay and never installed it.