Loading Waypoints

Is there a fast way to manually put in some way points? I have a Solix 10 gen 2 w/ lakemaster. I want to enter some of the Conservation brushpiles for my home lake, but I have never done this and was wondering if there would be a quick way to do it? The coordinates are listed on a website.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console
    Garmin 126sv w/Livescope - Bow

You have to start with the data being GPS co-ordinates, and not map co-ordinates. Gov agencies use non-GPS format sometimes.

Then the quickest way is to use HumminbirdPC to create the waypoints with HBPC set to the format you have, and then SAVE AS/SAVE AS GPX to a memory card and load to the unit/s.

The slow way is to create a waypoint with the unit and then edit it to the co-ordinates you have. Must match the unit setting also for DD.DDDD or DD MM.MMMM or DD MM SS. You can change the unit setting to match your numbers if they are GPS co-ordinates.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Next slowest way is to move the map curser on the Chart View so the displayed co-ordinates match the numbers you have and then Save the waypoint.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I will look into it tonight when I get home. I appreciate the info.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console

5. Member
    Don't know if Mo is the same as AR., but they are listed in different formats for Bull Shoals. In fact they have video's of how to on Lowrance and HB. I know both states DNR/F&G talk with each other maybe they have in that same setup. Bob They have USR,HWR and GPX coordinates. Not sure if Kansas does it as well.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-08-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Which lake are you wanting? They have the gpx files on their website. If you let me know the lake, the symbol you want to use and the color of the symbols you want to use, I can convert them to Solix format for you in about a minute. I can then email you a Solix ready gpx file that you can just copy to a memory card and load to your unit. When you load the file it will have your symbols and colors you want so you won’t have to edit or change anything.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    Which lake are you wanting? They have the gpx files on their website. If you let me know the lake, the symbol you want to use and the color of the symbols you want to use, I can convert them to Solix format for you in about a minute. I can then email you a Solix ready gpx file that you can just copy to a memory card and load to your unit. When you load the file it will have your symbols and colors you want so you won’t have to edit or change anything.
    That would be great! I fish Truman Lake. As for the symbol/color I am not too picky, whatever you think is a good choice for brushpiles. Thank you very much for the offer, that is very kind of you.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilk816 View Post
    That would be great! I fish Truman Lake. As for the symbol/color I am not too picky, whatever you think is a good choice for brushpiles. Thank you very much for the offer, that is very kind of you.
    I emailed the file to you. I loaded it to my Solix just to make sure everything is ok. Everything is good to go. You are going to be busy fishing that many brush piles. Good Luck
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike