Thread: White Lake

White Lake

i drove by White Lake the other day for work , i was wondering if anyone has ever fished it. i tried to do some research but was unable to find much other than the state record spotted bass was caught there years ago and its pretty small. Its about a 2 hour drive so i was hoping someone could tell me if its worth the drive or not..

2. Member
    That lake has been drained at least twice since ce that spotted bass was caught. It was just a few years ago when it was drained last time to work on the dam. I was told there was alot of lightweight bass in it now but not sure myself. It does muddy up real quick.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

As stated above, it was drained for the dam repair. I used to fish it a couple of times a year. I never could figure how that lake was rated for 250HP. Anyway, never was much of a fishery in my opinion. I did get lucky once and catch a bass that was a little over 4lbs. My luck was I had a tube stuck in some concrete blocks and was popping the heck out of my string to get it loose. After many attempts it popped free and as soon as it did, wham, bass on. I fished several tournaments there where over 60% of the field blanked. IMHO, no way I would drive two hours to fish that lake.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

4. Member
    thanks for the info tit20xd and 200xp hopefully i can help you out someday!!!!!

5. Member
    actual rated for unlimited HP?????????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    actual rated for unlimited HP?????????
    Yes, it is rated unlimited HP...and I have no idea why as it is around 330 acres..Burr Oak is twice the size and 10HP
    On my 200xp it took about 90 seconds at WOT to get from the South East side to the North West side.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

7. Member
    I'm sure its unlimited for the people that live on the lake to pull tubes and skiers. But still don't make much sense.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR