Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Goby King
    Looks like something I'd never own.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Also I see a few things that are the same in the new Nitro z21 xl, 3 floor drains in same spots, consoles look very similar in size and overall shape, Bow electronics plate and trolling motor tray look nearly identical. looks like there most been some collaboration. Got to go check out the new triton see if all 3 brands were in same meetings.

Edit: nope Triton was definitely not in those meetings.
    I noticed that too. All the steering wheels look identical also.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Banned
    Looked at the new Ranger up close Friday at the expo. Nope, not impressed. The back deck in my antique Stratos is probably the same size. Even worse is the front deck looked small compared to other boats on display at the expo. Not sure why anyone would own a Ranger, just not the quality of any other brand boat.

Quote Originally Posted by stratos273v View Post
    Looked at the new Ranger up close Friday at the expo. Nope, not impressed. The back deck in my antique Stratos is probably the same size. Even worse is the front deck looked small compared to other boats on display at the expo. Not sure why anyone would own a Ranger, just not the quality of any other brand boat.

Boatless

Ranger must have really hurt your feelings. You go all the way from Kentucky to Texas and take time to look at a brand you claim you dislike and would not own. Rangers owns a lot of space in your head it seems.

6. Member
    Are you pissed because JM axed Stratos and kept Ranger around? Did you previously own a Champion? Sounds like a lot of hate

I looked at it and thought it was a nice looking rig. Looked like a large deck and would be a very fishable boat. I dont think I will ever be able to afford one, but it was a good looking boat for sure.
    Team Enigma Fishing

8. Member
    What I'd like to know is the pricing structure for the R boat ... the Expo boat was pretty loaded (I think we can all agree on that if not anything else) and had a Price As Shown sticker of 76,995 ... if that # was actually for a bare bones model (kinda tricky move if so by Ranger) ... then yeah we're talking about a 85k+ rigged boat before tax <--- and that would make me feel different about it.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

Did you get to check out any new 2022 Stratos while you were at the expo? Heard they were right near the $18,000 invisible art sculpture display.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Ranger must have really hurt your feelings. You go all the way from Kentucky to Texas and take time to look at a brand you claim you dislike and would not own. Rangers owns a lot of space in your head it seems.
    I wouldn't go anywhere just to look at a Ranger. Ranger owns no space in my head, never notice them, and only say only anything about them because Ranger owners remind me of Vol fans, easy to irritate, can't take a joke, and get offended by any and everything. I for sure did not go to the expo to look at them. I started to introduce myself to you at your booth but decided not to. I like the custom painted baits that were in the glass case though, those are beyond nice.

I don't hate Ranger, just in my opinion, Ranger is a poorly made boat, always have been, way overpriced, and for sure uncomfortable. I would not have even seen them or known they were there if I hadn't been looking for a place to buy a water, was looking for water, went the wrong way and said well, since I am not a fan and have much to say about them, might as well take an up close look and see if I feel any different. Nope, actually confirmed I would pass on a Ranger, like I said if given one, I would sell or trade it as fast as I could.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Are you pissed because JM axed Stratos and kept Ranger around? Did you previously own a Champion? Sounds like a lot of hate
    not pissed about anything. I know some live there lives by what is or isn't posted on this board and most likely the internet, especially if someone disagrees with them. To me that is what makes the USA great, you can have your own opinion, like and dislike, and buy a boat, even if it isn't a Ranger.

I live a great life, couldn't be much happier, get to hunt and fish when I want, have an awesome family and a girl here and there I date and what is said about me on here or anywhere for that matter, is never even considered in my thoughts.

Giving Ranger fans a hard time and hear them whine, yep, just puts a smile on my face. Especially since I fish out of a 20+ year old Stratos.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Did you get to check out any new 2022 Stratos while you were at the expo? Heard they were right near the $18,000 invisible art sculpture display.
    Nope, waiting for the 2023 models. They are supposed to be faster, for sure faster than a Ranger.

not pissed about anything. I know some live there lives by what is or isn't posted on this board and most likely the internet, especially if someone disagrees with them. To me that is what makes the USA great, you can have your own opinion, like and dislike, and buy a boat, even if it isn't a Ranger.

I live a great life, couldn't be much happier, get to hunt and fish when I want, have an awesome family and a girl here and there I date and what is said about me on here or anywhere for that matter, is never even considered in my thoughts.

Giving Ranger fans a hard time and hear them whine, yep, just puts a smile on my face. Especially since I fish out of a 20+ year old Stratos.
    Great life…has to go to the internet for jollies……more like “get a life” troll.

14. Member
    folks could say a lot of things about rangers but they are undoubtably one of the best laid out fishing platforms out there if there was a demand for stratos legends an champions somebody would be building them they are building kind of a champion at charger i would bet they dont build 50 boats a year.

Nope, waiting for the 2023 models. They are supposed to be faster, for sure faster than a Ranger.

Nice. Did you ever get your hydraulic steering installed and are you getting more than 61 - 63?

16. Member
    Did you have a sit-down with Johnny to go over your concerns since he was there also?

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Great life…has to go to the internet for jollies……more like “get a life” troll.
    Troll? yep, trolling for Ranger owners. They are easier than Vol fans and I didn't think that was possible.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Nice. Did you ever get your hydraulic steering installed and are you getting more than 61 - 63?
    thanks for asking, got Hydraulic, love it. Haven't really messed with speed, will try a couple of different props soon, I have 4 and can't really tell much of a difference. Not sure, but my hull may be holding some water, I have been to lazy to take everything out of the boat and take it and weigh it.

I am thinking one day, I will upgrade to a newer boat, most likely a storm or something custom like that. I know many people in the fishing and boating industry and have a few contacts and will not ask for any special favors but for sure have some knowledgeable help when I do look for one.

What is kind of funny, is most every person I know who owns a bass boat, (except the Ranger owners, I don't know many people who own a Ranger) feels just like me about Ranger boats, they are just not as vocal as me. Well, not unless their opinion is asked for, they will tell you then.

What is kind of funny, is most every person I know who owns a bass boat, (except the Stratos owners, I don't know many people who own a Stratos ) feels just like me about Stratos boats, they are just not as vocal as me. Well, not unless their opinion is asked for, they will tell you then.
    That is funny! Great story too!

20. Member
    thanks for asking, got Hydraulic, love it. Haven't really messed with speed, will try a couple of different props soon, I have 4 and can't really tell much of a difference. Not sure, but my hull may be holding some water, I have been to lazy to take everything out of the boat and take it and weigh it.
    It's an old ass Stratos. I can guarantee it's water logged AF!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast