Livescope Mounting 520C

Would like to hear or see where others have mounted their Livescope or other Forward Facing Sonar black box and how you have wired it to the head unit. If I mount it in the starboard side compartment It appears it wouldn’t be easy to get the wires to it.

Thanks

On my 521 C I put under the bow plate and mounted it to the ends of the rod tubes

3. Member
    Just like Champ - mounted under bow plate and zip tied to rod tubes.

Welp.. i guess i did mine the more expensive route.. i bought the extension wire that connects to the black box (can't remember if it was the ethernet cable but it has the small connectors on it)... i ran dedicated 10ga. power wire to the Amped Outdoors 30ah lithium battery... and both of the cables thru 1 of the rod tubes,down and thru the right side vent into the rightside rod locker vent (with alil trimming on the plastic vents) then ran wires together under the little opening under the gunnel to the storage (day box) just infront of the driver console. Mounted black box, battery tray, and wire storage all together (clean looking) right beside my 3d structure scan box. I did add gap washers to the mounting screws so the Livescope black box wasn't mounting directly to the carpet (help box stay cooler and not over heat during the HOT months)

5. Member
    ^^^

6. Member
    Yep. Pretty much the same deal as kcg202champ. I live in Arizona and have seen posts about image degradation related to heat. I wanted the black box as close to the water with airflow around the unit. They didn't add those cooling fins just to make the box look cool.

7. Member
    Mounted in the right front box, will work with stock cables

8. Member
    Mounted mine under the console behind hot foot lots of room keeps it cool and easy to get to if needed.