Seat pedestal question

Wanting a seat in the back of my ZXR20 so my dad can go fishing with me... Will this pedestal work?

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...tal-16-to-2275

2. Member
    pflat, I ordered a full seat for my wife. I had to order the shorter pedestal for it.
    It does not adjust. If it's a butt seat I think you'd be ok. Butt if it's a Bill Dance fishin chair.
    They aren't supposed to adjust up and down as far as I know.

3. Member
    BassBum, Thank you!.. Is the pedestal in my link the correct kind of pedestal as far as how it attaches to the base? Asking cause my old boat (Crestliner) had an entirely different kind of attachment...

4. Member
    My ZXR has a .75 diameter hole for the pedestal seat... both front and rear. Whether threaded or not, or if that matters, I wouldn't know.

5. Member
    Thank you!.. Gonna order soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    My ZXR has a .75 diameter hole for the pedestal seat... both front and rear. Whether threaded or not, or if that matters, I wouldn't know.

6. Member
    The one in your link is for a butt seat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    The one in your link is for a butt seat.
    Im pretty sure it’s for a sit down type chair, I think it would be to low for a lean-to type seat …

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pflat View Post
    Im pretty sure it’s for a sit down type chair, I think it would be to low for a lean-to type seat …
    actually it IS for a butt/lean on seat. I just purchased this same pedestal on Sunday from BP and its too tall for a sit down like Bill Dance type seat (and i'm 6 feet tall with long legs, and its too tall for a sit down seat for me) I use it for on the bow and its the perfect height to lean on and run TM.

For the rear, a 16" is the perfect length pedestal, theyre just harder to find. I think i found my last one that length on Amazon.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Craft View Post
    actually it IS for a butt/lean on seat. I just purchased this same pedestal on Sunday from BP and its too tall for a sit down like Bill Dance type seat (and i'm 6 feet tall with long legs, and its too tall for a sit down seat for me) I use it for on the bow and its the perfect height to lean on and run TM.

For the rear, a 16" is the perfect length pedestal, theyre just harder to find. I think i found my last one that length on Amazon.
    Well this one goes from 16” to 22” so should be perfect for a sit down seat…

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pflat View Post
    Well this one goes from 16” to 22” so should be perfect for a sit down seat…
    12 is usually standard but I use14 inch. I have that pedestal and it is too high for me to be comfortable for very long. Good luck