USA installing an All Aboard swim ladder

I have received my All Aboard Swim Ladder, and I am mounting it on the starboard side with no jackplate. I am having trouble or confused as the nuts & bolts on the engine are reversed with the top one having the nut exposed, and the bottom one being inside the transom. I am an old fart and not sure how to get to the nuts and bolt heads to do the job. Please any advice will be appreciated. My boat is a 2018 PT 175 with a 60 HP Merc 4 stroke motor.

2. Member
    Hey there, I just recently installed my all aboard on the port side of my boat. My engine mounting bolts were the same as yours. I had to get all my extensions and breaker bars involved so that I could do the job by myself. An extra set of hands would make it much easier but it can be done by one person, with some stretching. If you can get a ratchet or breaker bar on the interior nut, then wedge it so it won’t move when you start backing the bolt out, that’s what I was able to do on mine. Just make sure you remove the nut off the last few threads by hand so it doesn’t drop off the bolt down into the bilge. I followed the install directions and did one bolt at the time and saved the final tightening up until I had both bolts reinstalled. Don’t forget something to re-seal the bolt holes.

3. Member
    Many people here recommended this 3M product to reseal the motor mounting bolts. If you have any good marine or boat shops local might have it. Or order from Amazon. I also bought new self locking nuts from Lowe's.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY6B0...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I would not use 4200, rather 5200 by 3M if you are going to reseal the bolts. If 3M is not readily available, I swear by Loctites PL sealant. It's readily available at Lowes or Home Depot and so far has never let me down in any of the applications I have used it on.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

5. Member
    5200 is permanent, 4200 is what the boat manufacturers actually use to seal the transom mounts.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Member
    I used Boatlife clear sealant. Seems to be a respected below the waterline sealant. So far I’ve got no leaks that I can detect. Been out 4 or 5 times since my install. I’ve heard good things about the 3M stuff as well, just no personal experience.

Boatlife Life Seal Cartridge, Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00144D6MU...F87B9SJYZ96ZWZ