Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Only when raining.

2. Member
    Always covered. no matter what. OCD very bad

3. Member
    Need a motor cover also!!

Phoenix usually has a good cover. I would have some thick padding (like felt maybe) sewn in the area that tend to rub. I would do that for a permanent fix, don't go with a temporary one. You can get the padding at a fabric store and even it you had to sew it on yourself, wouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Also, trailering your boat covered is just personal preference. It's your boat. The gelcoat on my boat is perfect, not a rub, scratch, crack or imperfection anywhere. Now I can't say if the cover is why or not. It takes about 5 minutes (give or take a minute or so) to put on my cover by myself. I have more time than I do money LOL
    Last edited by tracer1; 06-10-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstbass View Post
    Need a motor cover also!!
    Had a matching one. Young guy I sold the boat to recently slipped it on for pictures. As you can see the two shooters aren’t connected to the trailer so cover is wrinkled from being folded.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brucekgreen View Post
    Use plastic as above has said but go to lowes there where the packing boxes are they have plastic in large rolls
    This will work. You can order on line and $20 will buy enough for several trips. one example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Stretch-Indus...4108659&sr=8-7

Sew the padding in and it will last for years. If there is a shop around that does upholstery they can do it. Don't think it would be that costly but actually a good investment to protect your boat for years down the road.

8. Banned
    Keep a roll of 2 inch wide painters tape and put a few layers of tape anywhere a strap may rub the finish

Still waiting for the guy that makes my covers to get to me in rotation.

Fished yesterday, knew a storm was coming in after 1pm ( supposedly) loaded up around 11:30. Torrential rains started just as we finished wiping the boat down. 13 mile drive in that rain with traffic and the inside of the boat was filthy from road spray. Cloudy, humid since the rain stopped. Turned the AC on in the shop after parking it inside, almost dry 30 hours later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12