89 mariner 150 mag 2 bogging / oil injector

Serial # ob291559 Lookin for some help on this gem, took out today ran good out of the hole, cruising at 45 than bogged out, no power, stayed idling but a little rough. Give it gas and it would bog. Carbs, fuel pump rebuilt, fuel lines changed out, new filter , stator , trigger , ignition switch boxes, coils , wires and plugs new. Would reed blocks cause similar issues? The motor sat for 12 years prior to me getting it. Also I would like to remove the mechanical oil injection system and just use mix. The steps to take to do that would be great. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    use known good fuel tank to eliminate boat tank as problem ------- 12 years , theres a kit availble for that
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Joe, I will give that a run in the morning, I did pull the old tanks out, drained and flushed them when I got the boat. But I’m sure after 12 years I probably didn’t get everything out. Hope that’s the issue.

4. Member
    may not be but we gotta start somewhere, unlikely reeds are problem
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Joe you called it!! , used alternate tank and ran with no bogging. Start going through fuel delivery system now is the next step?
    Are there any fuel system cleaners that work well to clean out the system as I take it apart? Add an additional filter ?

Thanks you