90 Degrees in Minnesota?

I can stay here in Oklahoma and get that sh@t.
    Is that normal?
    How has your weather affected the fishing there?
    I was thinking about a 3 or 4 day fishing trip before my next surgery in July to take my grandson up there for some mutlispecies fishing on a cool lake or two.
    I have done boundary waters twice but want to take our bass boat up there to fish without losing the lower unit on rocks.
    Would love to stay at an old fishing camp on a good lake and really enjoy fishing a single lake.
    We don’t want the high profile everybody fishing it type lakes.
    Quite, good fishing, and lower unit friendly are what we are looking for.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Member
    There's a lot of good lakes and lakeside resorts around the Alexandria to Fergus Falls to Detroit Lakes areas. A variety of lakes and good fishing in most.

As for specific locations, I can't really help. With friends in the area, i've rarely needed lodging. I did recently stay at Ashby Resort and Campground on Pelican Lake (Ashby, Mn). It was OK. Close to many good lakes. That area is resort country, there's many options.

3. Member
    I would say this early in June is not normal for a bunch of 90 degree days, a day or two yes, but not a whole week or more.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

5. Member
    I like it!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Wow! Didn’t know it was that bad. We have one day of 90 on our forecast for Thursday, but that is it.We may have had one this year so far.
    Rainy, cool and wet here today. Flash Flooding all over.
    I may need to rethink my planned trip!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    There's a lot of good lakes and lakeside resorts around the Alexandria to Fergus Falls to Detroit Lakes areas. A variety of lakes and good fishing in most.

As for specific locations, I can't really help. With friends in the area, i've rarely needed lodging. I did recently stay at Ashby Resort and Campground on Pelican Lake (Ashby, Mn). It was OK. Close to many good lakes. That area is resort country, there's many options.
    Thanks. That was helpful. I will keep searching.