15 sho nmea interface cable help!please!!

Ok got this ran into my nmea
    I see my other item on the nmea network but i dont see the motor or any info?

Lowrance hds 12 carbon

Any help? Any pointers?

2. Member
    My SHO has the 6Y8 digital gauges along with a hub under the dash that connects everything. Do you have a hub? My NEMA cable comes from the motor to the hub and then other cables from the hub to the gauges and the graph. I have Lowrance as well.

3. Member
    No
    I was told this is all i needed
    It plugs in at the motor then plugs into nmea.
    So not sure what good a hub would do unless,you had yamaha gauges which i do not.

The Yamaha interface cable goes to the NEMA backbone tee, then another tee has a NEMA cable that runs to the HDS. Did that 522 already have a NEMA backbone?

Hook everything to the nema network. Make sure the network is powered on. Motor ignition must be on. The motor doesn’t have to be running but ignition must be on.
    on the Lowrance go into settings and look at device list. It should show the motor in the list if everything is working. If you turn the motor off it will disappear from the device list.
    i thinks there is only one connection plug on the Yamaha where you can plug the nema interface so that part is hard to screw up.

on the Carbon unit go to “edit overlay” and check off the items from the engine you want to display. There is a limit on the number of total items you can display at a time so you will have to decide what’s important to you
    i display RPMs, engine temp, water pressure, and engine hours.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

6. Member
    Yes the boat had a nmea setup in it
    So i simply removed the resistor on the end, added new T and added resistor to end of that, so i know its right.

Yeah its not letting me edit a overlay as its not reconizing the motor,i believe it has something to do with the keypad because when i do the 1234 start, i dont remember hearing a fuel pump or anything so, also i noticed the unit was reading under 12v on the graph i left the bre a ker on for a few days the other day, and the livescope will drain it so im gonna charge it up today.

The keypad has to be in the start position (to start the motor), not just on. You'll have a red light at the green (start) button and a red light at the red (stop) button. Once you have that, the ECU is powered on. Power on the HDS, go to setting, network, device list. The Yamaha, if connected properly, will be listed at the top of the list (usually), hit data and it will show the motor hours and such, If you only have the red light on at the green button, that is only like a power switch for the console accessories, it does not power the ECU on the motor which has to have power to it for the HDS to recognize it. Then you can do as Ranger 519VS says on setup. Just a note, I have to have my HDS powered off before I go the the device list or it won't show the engine. Sometimes it works fine with it already on, sometimes not. As I said, just a note, yours may not do this.
    Cheers

8. Member
    Good info tracer will give this a try

Gee Brandon......did you get the problem fixed??????????

10. Member
    Settings-network-data sources-engine- Select any engine parameter - turn key on and watch to see ecu is recognized - select ecu and look for pop up window that asks if you want all parameters to come from this data source - select yes
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

Must have sold the Z522. No answers to the fix or not fixed??????