Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PowerPro Braid Alternative???

I’ve been fishing with PowerPro Braid for as long as I can remember. The past year it seems like any moss green line I buy fades quickly and leaves my hands green at the end of the day. I try to buy Made in America products when I can. Is there another company that makes braid in America and offers a quality product??? Tuffline is the only one I’ve found so far. I plan to buy a spool of tuffline to try, but wondering if there are others.

2. Member
    Cortland masterbraid

Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint94 View Post
    Cortland masterbraid
    Just looked them up on the internet. I believe I’ll buy 150 yd spool to test. Thanks!

4. Member
    Sufix 832 and nanobraid are as good if not better quality than powerpro, imo of course.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall256 View Post
    Just looked them up on the internet. I believe I’ll buy 150 yd spool to test. Thanks!
    It's all I run anymore. From finesse walleye to musky

Where does Berkley make their line? I know I am really pleased with their X9 braid. Thinnest, roundest, quietest braid I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Where does Berkley make their line? I know I am really pleased with their X9 braid. Thinnest, roundest, quietest braid I have found.
    I believe Berkley has fishing line that is made in the USA. Berkley has a lot of products that are made in China, so I was surprised to see they have some line that is made in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjam2000 View Post
    Sufix 832 and nanobraid are as good if not better quality than powerpro, imo of course.
    Having a hard time finding where Sufix is made. Seems like it's not in USA and maybe Japan. Not sure. But, trying to stick with line made in USA if possible.

9. Member
    Fins is another good brand

Have you tried PP Maxcuatro? It seems to hold it's color better than anything else that I've tried and it's thinner than PP...65Lb Maxcuatro is thinner than 50Lb PP.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

If you don't find one American made that you like, I really like J-braid x8. Figures because most of my preferred tackle seems to be made in Japan now days. It's softer/more supple than PP or 832, both of which were my go to before depending on what I could get cheaper, and just seems to handle better overall. No issues with strength or durability so far either and I've used it in both fresh and saltwater.

12. Member
    Cortland masterbraid
    Man i wish they made it in chartreuse so it would glow in the blacklight because i'd definitely try it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Man i wish they made it in chartreuse so it would glow in the blacklight because i'd definitely try it.
    That powerpro moonshine lights up like the 4th of July.

14. Member
    Double post

15. Member
    That powerpro moonshine lights up like the 4th of July.
    Rhsnks, but that’s way to high in my opinion at around 40 bucks for a 300 yard spool.

16. Member
    I'd give Finatic Braid a try. You can only buy from their website, www.finatictackle.com, but I've been impressed with their braided line. It has a camo-type look to it since they use multiple colored strands, but it hasn't faded one bit since I spooled it on earlier this year. It has a rough-ish texture to it, kind of like power pro. It's a six-carrier braid, not four like standard power pro but not eight like a lot of other smooth braids. I'm not sure if they get the raw material for the line from overseas, but the line is braided in America (per the TackleTour review). And they have a sale going so you can get a spool pretty cheap to try it.

17. Member
    After looking at their website (Finatic), it looks like they are sold out of a lot of their braided line, so it might be difficult to get some to try.

18. Member
    Rhsnks, but that’s way to high in my opinion at around 40 bucks for a 300 yard spool.
    I agree, I just wait till it's on sale.
    I got a spool for $21 something after tax. Only use it on one reel so should last me till I'm just about dead lol

19. Member
    WARNING: I tried J-Braid from a referral from a well known BBC'r and I will NOT get it again. I have NEVER experienced as many wind knots as with J-Braid. Definitely could be size/weight specific so anything higher than 10lb no clue.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjam2000 View Post
    Yep

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast