2020 189 TRX Trim questions

New boat with 150ProXS I have two trim questions.

1. The trim switch sticks in the down position sometimes Is it sticking and needs some lube or is it some kind of auto down function like on your truck window ?

2. At on plane speeds it will not even trim up to 1/4 on the trim gauge. It gets on pad but I would like the option of triming a little higher. Is this adjustable if so how.

Any info appreciated.

2. Member
    Can't help with the sticking trim, perhaps a dry graphite lube but best to take it back to your dealer to work on it. No it is not an automatic up or down like your car windows.

If you pay attention you'll note your hydraulics has 2 speeds when you trim it up or down. The fast hydraulics is there to get your motor up and down quickly with little to no pressure on it. You can idle with it trimmed up in the fast hydraulics but if you apply much throttle the trim will bleed down to your slower hydraulics and stop there. Your slower hydraulics are designed to hold the pressure of your motor running at full throttle. At about a 1/4 the way up is where this occurs. You can purchase aftermarket trim tabs extenders but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you do this for test purposes only. If it achieves your goals then you should have a wedge installed.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess your motor is mounted directly to the transom. If this is the case and you're looking for a significant boost in performance then you should be looking into getting a jackplate installed. It is beyond me why Triton lets these boats out without a jackplate. Before I had my plate installed I was getting 49-51 mph on a good day, after installation I'm getting 56-59 mph and have a much better ride along with a substantial boost in fuel efficiency.