Thread: Phone Mount.

Phone Mount.

What do you guys use for phone mounts? I never have used one on any bike but after getting a new Shoei helmet with bluetooth I figured it might be nice for GPS.

2. Member
    I actually saw one on a fishing show yesterday morning that was neat for fishermen. Don't know if it would work for what you are searching for or not. Can't remember the name of it but you might try to google it, maybe frog something, not sure. Hope that helps as I am considering one.

3. Member
    RAM X-Mount, same one that Nitro puts in the boat but with a mount to put it on your handlebar, been using one for 7 years now with no issues. I just need to get a USB port close so I can plug my phone in while riding.

4. Member
    A lot of different phone mounts out there. Adventure guys use some sturdy mounts. Check revzilla, motorcycle superstore, ebay etc. My suggestion if you want it for GPS then get a dedicated GPS unit. That way your phone can stay in your pocket.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Ram X Mount

6. Member
    The only thing I have against phone mounts is if your in an accident. Hopefully everyone has their medical info in their phone (ICE) . Problem is if its mounted and where did the phone go. The first thing the hospital will look at is your phone, and it might not have made the ambulance ride with you if it was on the bike and not your pocket. I have seen some just use a metal bicycle mount rather than the more expensive mounts, with no issues. .

7. Member
    I don't have any medical info on my phone. Why would I do that?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    So if you are in an accident they can call your ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact, saves time not having to search/dig for it, plus they don't need to unlock the phone to call that contact. Your ICE contact can relay any necessary medical information to emergency services, allergies, etc...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Dean is correct. Really slows things down if your not conscience, for the medics and the ER. . At the top of your phone contact list you should have your Name with ICE next to your name. List your DR. & Your hospital so if its a different hospital, they can tap into your hospitals computer and see all medical of you. This can be done anywhere in the country regardless of where you are at. In my phone I list my meds and the dosage. They don't even have to call anyone , its there. Your phone is the first thing they will look for on your person. Not there then the slow route with your drivers license.

10. Member

I use an X-Tools mount and have had no issues but Legal Biker has a decent one I would like to try.

12. Member
    mine goes in saddle bag last thing I need is a distraction riding
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

13. Member
    I've added medical info. Never crossed my mind to do that. As for a mount I've decided to go without for now. I can still get turn by turn GPS info via Bluetooth . That will be good enough for now.

14. Member
    I'm gonna add a small tankbag at some point. I had one for when I was riding in the 80s. Had a map window in the top. Was real handy to put wallet, food spare clothes etc.
    Maps... Remember those?? I sat on them, tucked them in my windscreen or in the tankbag. that was " Adventure riding".
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

15. Member
    my phone would be locked, how would they retrieve the info?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    my phone would be locked, how would they retrieve the info?
    There is an "Emergency Call" button on your PIN/unlock screen that allows them to get your ICE information.