Thread: Bad transducer?

Bad transducer?

I have gotten to use the active target now 3 times and I am realizing I cannot see hardly anything including bottom past 40 feet out, the top 30% or so of the screen is black and has no feed back past 20 feet or so even when I turn the contrast all the way up. It is nearly impossible to see my bait even when dropping it directly in front of my the transducer. I have about 8 inches up from the head of my ghost. I just put a new agm x2 battery and 8 and 10 guage wiring for all my units. voltage read 12.8 on all units. I have adjusted the transducer a click up and a click down from the forward position and this only made the image worse. Is there anything I am missing or could this be a bad transducer?

2. Member
    Should I try moving the transducer further up the shift? Stable view has been on the entire time so maybe I can mess with this but I know I've seen multiple videos of people watching a bait fall at 60+ feet from the boat. This is not even an option due to the screen being blacked out until about half way down in the water column.

3. Member
    Mine looked strange in forward mode after I switched to scout and then back to forward. I then realized I somehow went back to forward on the wrong side from scout and that messed up the image in a way which might fit your description. A slice or two of the forward image where missing. i then went back to scout on from there to forward on the other side and everything was fine again.

4. Member
    any other ideas?

5. Member

6. Member
    The first picture is the problem I was speaking of with a slice of the screen seemingly missing. The second picture it without the stableview on. Everytime I turned it back on the same thing happened. Any ideas?

7. Banned
    You might try updating your software. With the latest version (20.3), I think the direction indicator is in the lower left. Maybe someone can confirm.