Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Is it just me or do the seats look like they are set back farther? The back deck looks small in these pictures.

2. Member
    I did hear him say on the unveil that lithium batteries are standard. I would like to see what a 21 ft looks like. Triton has the 21 Xrt on the website. So maybe Ranger is next?

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Would love to see a 519R....I am if so!
    Well my new Z519 is at the dealer getting rigged so my luck says they will definitely come out with a Z519R
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    Well my new Z519 is at the dealer getting rigged so my luck says they will definitely come out with a Z519R
    Dude there's always something new coming down the pipe ... you can't win that race unless you swap boats every couple of years = $$$ = no thanks.

Congrats on the new rig.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger#22 View Post
    Overall very disappointing. Looks like they just took ideas from other brands. RIP Ranger
    the number 1 selling bass boat in America , Ranger aint going nowhere,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

6. Member
    #Ballistic has em all beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo919 View Post
    Well then go to the Ballistic forum and talk to the 15 people in there!
    Boatless

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Well then go to the Ballistic forum and talk to the 15 people in there!
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

9. Member
    15, Never seen more than a couple at a time
    there.

10. Member
    Went to the Classic today and talked to the Ranger rep. He said the “R” boat is on the “C” hull with new cap. Also said they no longer plan to build the “L” boats. Not that it matters to me, still picking up my new 520L on Wednesday from Pro’s Choice Marine. Can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepdude665 View Post
    Went to the Classic today and talked to the Ranger rep. He said the “R” boat is on the “C” hull with new cap. Also said they no longer plan to build the “L” boats. Not that it matters to me, still picking up my new 520L on Wednesday from Pro’s Choice Marine. Can’t wait!
    Congrats on your new boat! Post some pics when you get it!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepdude665 View Post
    Interesting - I had heard the C boats were going away, did he say anything about that?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina_cowboy01 View Post
    Interesting - I had heard the C boats were going away, did he say anything about that?
    He didn’t say. Just explained the “R” and the changes.

14. Member
    I have noticed that the new model Triton is several thousand dollars higher than the new Ranger. The two that they had at the classic was even farther apart on price. If memory serves me, the Triton was priced at 87k and the the Ranger was 76k. The Ranger is so much nicer and comes with much more features. Plus Ranger has always had the distinction of being "the Cadillac of bassboats". Just wondering what the thought process is. Is Ranger trying to get a lot of there fan base back by making a loaded 20' boat that now competes in price with Skeeter, Phoenix etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo919 View Post
    What’s a Ballistic?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afbr View Post
    I have noticed that the new model Triton is several thousand dollars higher than the new Ranger. The two that they had at the classic was even farther apart on price. If memory serves me, the Triton was priced at 87k and the the Ranger was 76k. The Ranger is so much nicer and comes with much more features. Plus Ranger has always had the distinction of being "the Cadillac of bassboats". Just wondering what the thought process is. Is Ranger trying to get a lot of there fan base back by making a loaded 20' boat that now competes in price with Skeeter, Phoenix etc.?
    The Base price on that model is just that "Base" - To get it where most guys will want this boat in terms of "Ready" you will add 10-15k minimum and likely more by the time you are all done. $87-95k will be closer to market where most will end up.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina_cowboy01 View Post
    The Base price on that model is just that "Base" - To get it where most guys will want this boat in terms of "Ready" you will add 10-15k minimum and likely more by the time you are all done. $87-95k will be closer to market where most will end up.
    The model on display at the classic seemed to be loaded. Power poles, dual console, dual graphs etc. and it was priced at 76K.

Quote Originally Posted by afbr View Post
    The model on display at the classic seemed to be loaded. Power poles, dual console, dual graphs etc. and it was priced at 76K.
    Yeah…maybe that one. But go to the Ranger website. It’s 77K price with standard equipment that is no where near as equipped as that classic boat. The website price reflects no graphs , no poles, and an 80lb fortrex. Something is amiss here with the price on that classic boat and reality.

19. Member
    What a boat guys !!

I have to install rod straps in my 518 and I'm wondering if those new ones from R model will be available?

20. Member
    I looked at the R series boat at the classic and it is indeed a pretty boat. I think they have made some good changes to the design and it has a couple of new features I really like. I have really loved my Rangers and currently runs a Z521C I will not own another one because the overall quality of the boats has gone down and it is no different on the R series. The new rod strap design is a good design but one of the straps would not retract after I pulled it out and the plastic housings on the hull had what looked to be black plastic tape on them. I was looking at the R series at the classic and a Ranger rep was trying to sell me on how nice the boat is and as soon as I said "I have been waiting on a brain to run all my electrical items on my boat for months" he literally turned his back on me and walked off. I was not being ugly just made the comment I hate to see what the new control panel costs if it goes out and I have not been able to fish any tournaments this year because of the brain being out in my boat. I have always been a die hard Ranger fan even when I was running Skeeters but customer service means more to me than a pretty boat. I am not here to bash Ranger just miss the old days when Ranger was Ranger and not Nitro's big brother.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast